San Francisco people where to start
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default San Francisco people where to start

So I'm here. i've been here for about 2-3 weeks now. Finally settled down, got my stuff moved in, great place at the top of a hill, my dj booth and equipment is fully set up.

What clubs should I try hitting up? Any recommendations? I'm into hearing just about anything other then dubstep. So house, prog, tech, whatever. I figure I should hit up the massive ones at some point like Ruby skye and supperclub. But other then that should I be looking into some other places, or other interesting music in different places?

Check ur in box
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

First Friday of every month a collective called Brass Tax throws a freaking FUN party. Also, check out the Monarch, 222 Hyde & Public Works for some great nights.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

ok those are totally on the list of places to check out now. Thanks for the info!

Tech Mentor

check out guestlistnation for ruby skye. they have some pretty good events that go for free with GL, but $30-60 for bigger name DJs which aren't always worth it. also for anywhere with a GL in SF, be prepared to go early or be prepared to wait for an hour

FYI Ruby Skye tends be a "clubby" club where the spots I mentioned earlier are smaller, more "underground" type spots. Another "Clubby" club spot is 1015 Folsom. Bigger place, three rooms, big name headliners. Are you looking for places to play or listen?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Also, there's a collective called Sunset that do an outdoor monthly and sometimes boat parties on the bay. They also do a campout coming up in the middle of July that's tons of fun.

Sorry for the multiple posts. Also check out Temple, it's a nice space with multiple rooms and varies with big name headliners and more local talent. My man Jaswho is the sound guy there. They also have production studios for recording and mixing.

Ruby Skye and Vessel for headlining dj's. Also check the calendars for the Mezzanine SF, Regency Ballroom SF, and the Fox Theater in Oakland. Those venues have some sick pretty sick shows every now and then. Also check out Temple, Roe, and the Grand. Welcome to the Bay!

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Sorry for the multiple posts. Also check out Temple, it's a nice space with multiple rooms and varies with big name headliners and more local talent. My man Jaswho is the sound guy there. They also have production studios for recording and mixing.
    THe campouts are sick. WOMP is pretty big in the East Bay so is Pinkys
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast