Audio 6 and multi cores
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Audio 6 and multi cores

Do the multi cores still work with the audio 6? I thought I read somewhere they did not and cant find it now. The person I bought the audio 6 off of said they do so I'm not sure.

Also is there any advantage to using the multi cores over std rca's??
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

You don't need to use them anymore. The original intent with the audio 4/8 was that you could use them to switch between vinyl/cds and timecode without unplugging, but now that's built into the sound card as "thru" mode. All you have to do is use normal rca's now.

Thanks Gary squared
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

They did away with them so now if you want to use the thru mode you need to select it in the audio 6 control panel, you can still use multicores if you want and then you would just hit the phono switch on your mixer.

Tech Mentor

Only problem with the audio 6 is that when you select thru the signal is super quiet have to push those gains right up
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jamthrax View Post
    Only problem with the audio 6 is that when you select thru the signal is super quiet have to push those gains right up
    you could use the phono inputs and lower ur output in traktor, not realy ideal for audio quality but in a home eniveroment unless u got good monitors u wont notice a differnence

Only use the phono input on a phono signal. If you send a line level signal (at any level) through a phono preamp, it'll sound like shit. Look up the riaa phono eq curve for why.

Also, multicolor cables are just cables that NI's marketing department decided to give a name and overcharge for. They'll always work to do what they do.

And software pass through is fucking stupid. Use the multicores if you have them.

(edit: damnyouautocorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    And software pass through is fucking stupid. Use the multicores if you have them.

(edit: damnyouautocorrect)
    That's a little extreme isn't it? If you're not doing a lot of switching between vinyl and timecode there is no reason to carry around bulky multicores and fiddle with hooking up more stuff to a mixer and your soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    That's a little extreme isn't it? If you're not doing a lot of switching between vinyl and timecode there is no reason to carry around bulky multicores and fiddle with hooking up more stuff to a mixer and your soundcard.
    My mate and I always use my multicores just as a safety net in case the laptop goes tits up (it never does, fingers crossed). I always have a dozen or so records in my bag for that and we mostly play venues with no extra CDJs lying around. At the one that does, I've got usb sticks loaded AND the multicores.
    Typically we help setup right at the beginning and stay very late or until the end at our gigs, so I'd rather have everything set and not have to rewire the whole thing when we switch from/to the vinyl guys/if we're thrown in the loop with everyone else after we're done. Especially when you notice early on that the RCAs on one of the decks are a bit finicky and need lots of tweaking to get both channels coming through :P
    The laptop is set to hibernate, the A8 remains plugged in and bob's your uncle.

Multicores were just dreamed up as something NI could sell.

I've wanted 'em for ages - but couldn't justify the cost (just because they look tidier than the maze of wires I've currently got!).

They don't ADD anything to my system. I've already got splitters installed so all I have to do is flip from phono/line on the mixer.

If you've got 'em, use 'em. If you're flipping between vinyl & timecode, that is.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast