200 Guest Private Party - Live Audio Advice?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

2 Subs, 2 tops and then monitors for yourself.

You should probably save a few bucks and just go with one monitor for yourself. Double monitors are usually a courtesy to accomodate different DJ's who might monitor from different sides.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    You should probably save a few bucks and just go with one monitor for yourself. Double monitors are usually a courtesy to accomodate different DJ's who might monitor from different sides.
    +1...
    Also, it's not a huge room so you could even manage without monitors. But they're nice to have anyways...
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

A little off topic (Sorry OP), but there wasn't really any need for me to start a new thread on this and will probably apply to others...

@Rotebass, I'm a mobile DJ and have 1 sub and 2 pas (mid+high) - Are you saying that i can actually get more out of my system if i have all the speakers in corners or just the sub? Normally i just put them on stands above head height and put them either side of my table without any real thought to the placement in the room. How much extra low end / overall volume could you actually steal out of this kind of trick? - Anything else placement wise / sneaky tricks to get more out of a mediocre system?

Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    +1...
    Also, it's not a huge room so you could even manage without monitors. But they're nice to have anyways...
    Oh no, without monitors never a real option. A small room doesn't change that.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Oh no, without monitors never a real option. A small room doesn't change that.

if your a good enough dj, it does. I play in a smaller venue with a similar system to the one he is going to be using, and never use monitors. I have the speakers on either side of me, and slightly tweaking one is usually good enough due to the QSC system being balls loud and crystal clear.

Tech Mentor

Monitors are a great way to expedite hearing loss! Mix with IEM's.

Take the money you save from renting monitors and rent another sub.

Also, keep in mind that while corner loading can increase output, it can force you to place the sub further away, canceling out any gains you made. Play around with placement at the venue and see what works best.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    A little off topic (Sorry OP), but there wasn't really any need for me to start a new thread on this and will probably apply to others...

@Rotebass, I'm a mobile DJ and have 1 sub and 2 pas (mid+high) - Are you saying that i can actually get more out of my system if i have all the speakers in corners or just the sub? Normally i just put them on stands above head height and put them either side of my table without any real thought to the placement in the room. How much extra low end / overall volume could you actually steal out of this kind of trick? - Anything else placement wise / sneaky tricks to get more out of a mediocre system?

Cheers
    Typically just the sub, mid-high boxes should be placed for best coverage in the room. The gain is very minimal, but it is noticeable and can be the difference between blowing and not blowing your subwoofer in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734
    Also, keep in mind that while corner loading can increase output, it can force you to place the sub further away, canceling out any gains you made. Play around with placement at the venue and see what works best.
    +1

Tech Convert

Another question, should I be turning the bass frequencies of the speakers right down to 0 and let the sub churn out all the bass?

Tech Mentor

The subwoofer should have all the required processing on-board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast