200 Guest Private Party - Live Audio Advice?! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    The subwoofer should have all the required processing on-board.
    I meant the speakers, not the subwoofer.

Speaker 1 and 2: Highs and mids are at 12 o'clock and lows is at 7 o'clock.
    Subwoofer: Highs, mids, and lows are all at 12 o'clock.

Tech Mentor

I have been doin mobile gigs for 18 years. Never used a monitor. Its very easy when you first start out to want to get the best possible of everything and optimal everything but the fact is, you really don't need it. First rule, you are there for the party, the party is not there for you. You don't need to have club sound, you need to have sound in front of you on the dance floor, thats it. This is a party where other people may want to talk and don't want music blaring down on them. You will be able to hear just fine in that space even without a monitor, not saying it wouldn't help but I agree with the others, 1 monitor is all you will need.
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 05-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by box801 View Post
    I meant the speakers, not the subwoofer.

Speaker 1 and 2: Highs and mids are at 12 o'clock and lows is at 7 o'clock.
    Subwoofer: Highs, mids, and lows are all at 12 o'clock.

What kind of rig are you going to be running that has separate lows, mids, and highs on all the speakers?

Tech Mentor

I think he means EQ controls on the back. I'd run em flat and get a proper crossover myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    I think he means EQ controls on the back.
    That's what I'm assuming, and that's why I'm a little confused. Most pro audio PA manufacturers worth the weight in salt, don't put EQ's on speakers.

Tech Convert

To rephrase again, the sub and two speakers are coming out of the mixer. Although the two speaks themselves have their own subwoofers on them. Should I EQ the speakers on the mixer so that there isnt any bass coming out the speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by box801 View Post
    To rephrase again, the sub and two speakers are coming out of the mixer. Although the two speaks themselves have their own subwoofers on them. Should I EQ the speakers on the mixer so that there isnt any bass coming out the speakers?

ok... you seem to not understand to well how a sound system works. If you take the bass out at the mixer, your Sub has become a very expensive waste of money, as that will cut bass to the entire system. Also, your tops don't have sub-woofers in them. They have coned speakers which are no different than your subwoofer which also has a speaker in it. What makes a sub woofer named that is that it has dedicated via crossovers within the unit (if it's an active/powered system) which make that speaker only pump out low end frequencies. A good powered system (like qsc) will also have a cut switch on the tops, which turns on a crossover in them to cut out the lows, so your tops will only pump out highs and mids. In closing, you can't EQ different parts of your sound rig with your mixer you are using for playing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123