Track Feedback

Thread: Track Feedback

Tech Wizard

Default Track Feedback

Im working on a new track guys and id like some feedback if its possible.

The track is uploaded to soundcloud so you wont have to download anything.

Its a tech-House/Breaks track.

Any criticism welcome(As long as its constructive)

Thnaks.

http://soundcloud.com/staffosmagicbox/track1test

Its my first time posting a link so sorry if i do it wrong.

Tech Guru

I am not really a big fan of house, though I do appreciate electronic music in general. So with that as a disclaimer. Furthermore I am not expert yet in the lingo to discribe songs, actually I am sort of using this as an excuse to practice this kind of lingo.

I really like how the track sounds just before the first drop. But I think the starting volume on the intro is too low and things could build up a bit quicker. Also I would like for something slightly more engaging before doing the drop.

I do not like the section so much when you build up again after the drop. The bass sort of kills out all the other sounds, but you then come back nicely after a while.

So imho this track has potential, but its a bit too minimal for my taste as I prefer to have something easily recognizable in the track (here I am beginning to be missing the lingo), which I would introduce right before the first drop (you might even be doing that as there is a new sound jsut before the drop, its just too short imho).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

ye the track has no eq or mixing on it yet i just put it together in about an hour or so, thanks for you feedback i will consider some changes.