BCD3000 & Nanopad Gater Combo - HELP!!

Default BCD3000 & Nanopad Gater Combo - HELP!!

Can anyone suggest a tweak in Traktor or Kontrol (or both) so I can get the above two playing happily together? I'm using Scooby's mapping for the Nanopad, and the Traktor TSI for the BCD3000.

At the moment the Nanopad's x-y is moving the mid & low eqs in Traktor.

I don't know where to start! :eek:

Easiest way would be to change the midi-channel on the nanopad I think. The reason that the XY is controlling stuff is probably because it is sending midi information on the CC number and midi channel that's mapped to the mid & low eqs

You'd have to: change the midi channel on the nanopad and then change it in the mapping too.... the channel changer app will be useful for that:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4431

thanks, crashpackx!

so far i've used traktortools to change the nanopad's midi channel to say, 2. but i have noticed in Traktor's midi settings that both the BCD3000 and Nanopad seem to transmit on a global setting.

with this in mind, would I also have to change the BCD3000's midi channel to say, 1? i would also have to change the nanopad's midi channel in Kontrol Editor, wouldn't I?

if i work it out i will zip up the resulting tsi/kontrol setting and post it up here (as this seems to be a fairly popular combo of gear), in the meantime any help would be much appreciated

I'm going off the top of my head, and I use traktor pro. Might be diff if you using 3 or whatever...

It should only be a problem if the BCD is set to OMNI. Omni is the catchall, so it takes all input. In that case you'll have to change it all over to a single channel.

Also, beatmasher+gater on the XY is pretty much awesome.

again, thanks for your assistance, crashpackx - i really appreciate it.

i think i've become lazy with midi ever since digital audio arrived with the likes of reason - my midi hardware lies dormant in a flightbox. it is my intention to marry it all up one day - we'll see...

lol - know the global setting problem only too well - i have an mc303 groovebox from a few years ago - good work, Roland - NOT

yeah, i'm fond of gater + beatmasher too - i like that 'plus one beat' effect if i'm playing minimal. endeavour to try some other fx out soon, as well as install all my vst fx