How to create own flyers, what programs do i need? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

if you want glossy card stock you are going to have to deal with a printer. back in the day i used to use these guys, they had a different name, but same company http://www.clubflyers.com/ as the price to quality was the best and they nearly always got it to me on time. you are going to have to learn to set it up proper and design at the proper resolution to make it work for them. Typically they ran about 15-25 flyers a week for me and were solid on making sure the shipping was straight and they never tried to call my clients to undercut me. Hard to find someone that is straight up in the club flyer print industry.

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Hey guys im thinking about creating my own flyers for events, what programs are used for creating flyers for events? Would that also be considered as graphic designing? Ive got a lot of time on my hands so i might as well try out. How difficult is it to create a flyer, does it take a lot of time? What type of machine prints the flyers and what type of paper or cardboard does it take? Thanks!
    If you have so much time on your hands you should try being a dentist too. I am sure you can find some tools on ebay to get you started. Or start working on car repair too, find some tools in the garage and just open up a shop.

Well i just purchased pixelmator for 29.99
    Looks like a awesome program, now I'm completely lost on what to do.
    Youtube some tutorials.
    hmmmm. Maybe we should toss out the dentist idea.
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 05-28-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    If you have so much time on your hands you should try being a dentist too. I am sure you can find some tools on ebay to get you started. Or start working on car repair too, find some tools in the garage and just open up a shop.
    hey dont dis learning car repair, buy urself an old mini for a couple of hundread quid and learn. Be warned it is a couple of year project, but you will end up learning alot. Honestly I do a better job on most things than my local BMW dealership they fuck up everything

these days there pretty much a big mercano kit. why do kids no longer have mercano.

If you do not have Photoshop skills to create a brand new flyer, you also could check out Graphic River and edit the information.

Example:

DJ-Lounge - where the music meets the deejay!
    Your daily dose of electronic dance music!

hmmmm. Maybe we should toss out the dentist idea.
    Don't come in here and act like a retard.

Thanks for the links.

Don't come in here and act like a retard.

Thanks for the links.

Lol... OK. You go get that "at home YouTube certification"... I'll still be here to make fun of you with your next big venture: Asking where to buy the best loops to make tracks with... or better yet: hey everyone, "I just bought this tattoo gun, no clue how to use it, but gonna read through a few of these tattoo mags and see if I can do it too. No worries if I fuck up a few of me mates arms."

Tech Guru

Lol... OK. You go get that "at home YouTube certification"... I'll still be here to make fun of you with your next big venture: Asking where to buy the best loops to make tracks with... or better yet: hey everyone, "I just bought this tattoo gun, no clue how to use it, but gonna read through a few of these tattoo mags and see if I can do it too. No worries if I fuck up a few of me mates arms."
    I actually know sombody who did his own tattos. they whernt very good he did them on himself tho. The fact is graphic design is a whole differnt ballpark to being a dentist or a car merchanic. The fact is there is no proffessional body for these trades so you cannot compare them. Anybody can set themselfs up as a graphic designer, I have seen many people pay alot of money for stuff that just aint that good. its like anybody can set themselfs up as a booking agent take this site for instance http://unknownworld.com/ Im not sure if it's a uni project or a genuine company but sombody might actually contact them thinking its the best way to book LL cool J

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    The fact is there is no proffessional body for these trades so you cannot compare them.
    http://www.dexigner.com/directory/ca...nizations.html
    The first in that list is actually extremely well known in the design field, but please, keep talking about this topic with the gusto in which you are. It's starting to get very entertaining.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    http://www.dexigner.com/directory/ca...nizations.html
    The first in that list is actually extremely well known in the design field, but please, keep talking about this topic with the gusto in which you are. It's starting to get very entertaining.
    you dont understand that is an organisation that you give money to and you can put there logo on your site a bit like the federation of master builders in the UK(you just have to say you have been practicing for x amount of time). This is not like being a dentist in which you need a related degree that has been acredited by the NHS. Or to become a penetration test in the UK you need to pass crest exams. This is why the UK's security industry is so far in advance of the US it the only sector in IT we are ahead. It has been acheived by having a standard that everybody uses and know's that people who have pass know what they are doing. It got dropped in the US because the failure rate was too high so they now kinda use tiger

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    you dont understand that is an organisation that you give money to and you can put there logo on your site a bit like the federation of master builders in the UK(you just have to say you have been practicing for x amount of time). This is not like being a dentist in which you need a related degree that has been acredited by the NHS. Or to become a penetration test in the UK you need to pass crest exams. This is why the UK's security industry is so far in advance of the US it the only sector in IT we are ahead. It has been acheived by having a standard that everybody uses and know's that people who have pass know what they are doing. It got dropped in the US because the failure rate was too high so they now kinda use tiger
    You're actually missing the point. In relation to all of this you're really not making sense. If you could try an use your brain just a tiny bit you may be able to grasp the point that many people try and make when it comes to this topic. Don't worry, you're not the first one to try and revel against the community of people in the art industry. Anyone can try and be a graphic designer, sure, but there are those who are actually good at it and did not just pick up the trade and buy a $29.99 program. Further more, the only thing stopping you from being a dentist is the law in the residing country, which actually varies depending on where you are from (same with the tattoo thing). So there are places where any jackass can just purchase a hammer and nail to hang his dentist sign on the door and his practice is open... same goes for most anything.

Any company who wants a good design, advertisement, logo, etc. is not going to pay some schlep who picked up and decided to start whipping up some half assed designs. There are thousands of those clown out there. There are only certain companies/individuals who are known for talented design work. The problem with people like the original poster and yourself is you think it is ok to pay sh!t money for sh!t designs. In turn we get the terrible club flyers, the terrible logos, the terribly designed websites, and the list of sh!t goes on...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast