Bpm jumps.

Thread: Bpm jumps.

Default Bpm jumps.

Why do I sometimes get jumps of a couple BPM when I go through a transition and pull one track out? (unless i have sync on, which i sometimes dont want to) I'm sure there is a simple answer but can't seem to figure out why this happens. Really annoying tho.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Anyone have any input on this. Is it a software issue or a setting I have wrong, or are my tempo faders F'd??

Tech Mentor

This might happen if the track you are transitioning out of is set as the master. When it's removed, the new track suddenly becomes the new master, giving it its original tempo, or possibly syncing it to the master clock.

It's kind of hard to understand what exactly is going on though. Are you using Traktor? Are you using a controller? Is it possible to shoot a quick video or maybe rephrase the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    This might happen if the track you are transitioning out of is set as the master. When it's removed, the new track suddenly becomes the new master, giving it its original tempo, or possibly syncing it to the master clock.

It's kind of hard to understand what exactly is going on though. Are you using Traktor? Are you using a controller? Is it possible to shoot a quick video or maybe rephrase the problem?

So everytime I go through I transition I have to set the new deck as the master track? That seems like an unnecessary step. Especially when I am manually beat matching the tracks anyhow. And yes I am using traktor 2.1.xx