Traktor Pro 2.5 CPU overload
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Traktor Pro 2.5 CPU overload

Hey Guys, i downloaded the new update and after installing it i started Traktor to play around with my S2. Even when i am not doing anything at all, the CPU load is nearly in the red space... Anybody having an idea what to do? I own a Windows Laptop with intel i5(2x2.3-2.53GHz) which shouldnt be the problem...

Sure you didn't fall into the common Traktor-cpu-overload traps (e.g. multicore-support enabled, buffer size to low, wlan on while DJing and so on)?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Sure you didn't fall into the common Traktor-cpu-overload traps (e.g. multicore-support enabled, buffer size to low, wlan on while DJing and so on)?
    Multicore overloads the PC.... shit :P

Tech Mentor

Big time! Its telling your computer that its all good if it uses every little bit of juice to run traktor

Multicore support is not enabled, and i've never had any problems with wlan on while DJing. Before updating, it didnt even use 1/4 of the cpu load i have right now. When i set the latency a bit higher, its alright... but i didnt need to change that with traktor 2.1.3 ... kind of a step back, isnt it?^^ How high can the latency get without getting problems? i got it stable at 7.6ms... is that alright or should i start saving money for a new mac instead of my pc?

Maybe the new Remix Decks demand a much higher amount of cpu power, I can't tell you.

Well, this shit is making me feel bad. After playing around a bit with higher latency i just recognized that it is nearly impossible to set the cuepoints correctly. Now i set it back to the lowest latency possible, but now i am a bit scared about any issues because of the high cpu usage... It's time for a mac i guess... wanted one for years now. I'll save all my money for one now. mf 3D can wait haha

On my vista machine, I set the system settings to background mode and set visuals to best performance, and that seems to help quite a bit.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The load is way lower for me with 2.5.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The load is way lower for me with 2.5.
    Didn't have the time to try it out yet but as far as I've heard there are several people recognizing a way lower cpu load with Traktor 2.5.
    This topic seems to be quite ambivalent...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast