Kontrol X1 travel case set up

Default Kontrol X1 travel case set up

Alright...i set my gear up as follows: both technics battle position (the tone arm coming down from the top) then my Mixer (rane ttm 56) and Kontrol x1 in between the two.. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the best configuration of traveling cases wuld be... is there a single case that will fit both turntables in battle position with my mixer and controller comfortably in between... or would i be better off getting 3 road cases (2 for tables, 1 for mixer, I already have the x1 NI travel case) and puting my kontrol x1 off to the side... or some how propped up to be level with everything else... thanks.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Having one case for the entire thing does not sound fun. I really doubt I could move something like that by myself...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

good insight.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Actually I think I've seen people wit flight cases made for larger mixers containing a combo of an X1 and a 2 channel mixer rather nicely. Maybe you should look into that

My set up is the S4, Macbook Pro and Midi Fighter on the S4 flight case, then CDJs and mixer on technics flight cases next to it - makes them all the same perfect height. Will be looking forward to somehow getting an F1 and an X1 into that set-up though.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

If you need to lift a coffin case, you' re gonna have a bad time.

I'd get individual cases and hell I 'd even trust my technics without a case. But I don't go gigging 3 times a week.
    And also a lot of places already have TTs ask ahead and save yourself a bit of trouble.

On the other hand it's pretty hard to find a venue with TTs in good condition in my experience.

Tech Wizard

Coming back to the flight/travel case point.Out of personal experience I would not recommend to have more than maybe two decks in a travel case. I had to, to my last gig in spain, take my flight case with me on the train and it was a pain, 25 Kilograms due to CDJ 400's x2 and a Behringer DDM 4000, the Kontrol X1 in the backpack, it was a real pain and I swore to myself to either get a pair of wheels on that thing or get separate cases.
    So I highly recommend, to either if you are good at engineering stuff, get a pair of wheel son there or get separate cases!

Nico
    DENON DN SC 2000 | CDJ 400's | Behringer DDM4000 | DJM 400 | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro | HDJ 500 | Stanton T62 | Audio 2 DJ
    Currently: CDJ-1000 MK3's | Allen & Heath Xone 22 | Kontrol X1 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Audio 8 DJ + TraktorSP 2.5 | 16GB Macbook SSD facebook.com/plutrix soundcloud.com/plutrix