Korg Pad Control vs Akai MPD32
    Tech Mentor

Default Korg Pad Control vs Akai MPD32

I am looking at getting another pad controller to go with my nano pad(great piece of hardware for playing out but want something bigger for producing). i have heard that the Korg pad isn't fully midi assignable is that true and is the Akai fully assignable. What do you guys think.

I'm pretty sure Ean has done a comparison on these two and through another in the mix to, have a look in the gear reviews or the blogs, i'm sure there something there somewhere.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Not every button on the Korg is assignable, but they are used for navigating within the korg. You have the 16 pads, two knobs, two buttons, a foot pedal port and an x/y pad. The thing is that there are 16 scenes you can easily jump between, leaving a LOT of options.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ean has done a comparison on these two and through another in the mix to, have a look in the gear reviews or the blogs, i'm sure there something there somewhere.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/0...ler-smackdown/

This one?

It's the mpd24 there though, which makes sense since it's in the same budget range as the pad kontrol and I'd guess the mpd32 reviews very similarily.

I'm also wondering wich pad controller I should get to go along with my vcm-100... the mpd32 looks quite nice.

I've got the MPD32 and it's the MFing bomb. great construction, infinitely programmable MIDI set up wise, can store loads of presets that are easy to use, great response on the pads, 4 banks of 16 pads ,3 banks of 8 faders and rotary controls, transport, tap tempo, note repeat! its amazing!