Problem with Timing

Default Problem with Timing

So..I haven't mixed in about a week.. I always tell myself to go and do about an hour a day..but I've been slacking .

When I get back into it, I seem to have the same problem every time, that is..the timing of the two tracks. I always want to mix in the drop of one track to the other..but I can never get the timing down. I'm not sure if there is a proper way to do this..or you just lucky and the buildup of one matches the other exactly. When I haven't mixed for a while this is my main issue, along with forgetting when to mix in one song with the other..

Any help would be appreciated.. I know these are beginner questions.

Tech Mentor

ok! If your using traktor then i can teach you a method that i found is REAALLLLLLY Helpful

Yea, Im using Traktor Pro 2

Tech Mentor

Ok so when was first starting out, i could sorta hear when the 32 beats hit, so i can throw in another track...

Well basically the method i used was find the drop of the song you wanna mix in, put the cursor on the first beat of the drop, and use the beatgrid move function and go back 32 beats.

Now when your other track is playing (Track A) you wait for 32 beats before track A's drop, and then start playing Track B (Cued up track) with the volume down, and then slowly raise the volume.

That way both tracks are rising at the same time, within the same 32 Beatgrid before each drop, this way both tracks will drop at exactly the same time

Hope it helps...or makes sense

Yea that definitely makes sense, and will be a huge help. I keep getting told there is a way to flag points, not like cue points..but just put markers down on mix points. Like where that 32 beat would start..but I can't seem to figure it out

Tech Mentor

Nothing a good ol google search cant fix!

Ill start lookin around....

But i usually use Cue points because it helps me visually, Like you can put a cue point 32 beats before the drop, one on the drop, and one at the end of the drop

True, I like to ask here to re-assure myself..lol

Tech Mentor

Haha

You and me both