Anyone else feel emotionally drained after a night of playing DJ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else feel emotionally drained after a night of playing DJ?

Does any one else feel like there is a let down the next day? I got alot of positive feed back and felt good about the night and my sets of 80s 90s rap and current styles of house. Maybe it's just the adrenaline is gone from the night before. Although i do have a smile on my face
    Last edited by keithace; 05-28-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Just tired from staying up for hours on end, carrying the bags etc, but on a more or less mild buzz from the fun bits of the experience here.

maybe thats what it is...still buzzin and tired...i think i will be requiring an adult bevy...

Tech Wizard

I've only done a couple times live, really only one real gig, and I got this awesome rush that carried on for quite some time. I couldn't stop smiling and just kept jumping. Felt great. Can't wait to do it again.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Feeling emotionally drained is a sign you have put your heart and soul into your set.
    Unfortunately this emotional trough can often manifest itself in merciless self-analysis, which can be less than constructive....
    With the ill behaviour...

I did go back and look at my history from last night. (90 tracks) I don't over analyze myself, rarely if ever. Usually only when it comes to dealing with women i am trying to bone. Which leads to not being able to bone. I probably need to stop doing that.

Tech Mentor

I feel like a empty balloon after finishing a mixtape. After finshing a set it's even worse.
    It's like going trough memories, yeah I got this record from there, and that record from over there and after
    its just like I have gone trough a emotional trip.
    Tired, happy and empty.

i feel ya vanaema...kinda like opening yourself up - "i've taken the time to collect and listen to this music and i want to share it with you"

I probably do, but I'd blame it on the hangover from whatever substances.......and the sleep deprivation....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I did go back and look at my history from last night. (90 tracks) I don't over analyze myself, rarely if ever. Usually only when it comes to dealing with women i am trying to bone. Which leads to not being able to bone. I probably need to stop doing that.
    haha

I feel you on that one. Im the same way with woman!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast