F1 Live Mashup Routine + New Blog - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Sorry Priscilla, not dissing you, I think some of your videos are cool and very helpful. Maybe saying it sounded shit was a tad out of order. I apologise.

I just think that all these midi controller routines sound awful. I wouldn't want to hear them in a club or on a stereo. Theres is technical ability no question. But I don't think there is any worthwhile end product. people are better practicing on a mpc or even a piano! As for posting my own routine - I don't do them for the reasons stated above. Id rather listen to a mixtape, mixed well with amazing tunes than one of these routines anyday.
    Fair play. 1st post was v harsh but at least you apologised.

I must personally say I agree a little with the sentiment. It's defo kinda cool you can do that but still...

I'm not up for the lines between production and djing being blurred. Producing a tune should be a craftsman(woman)ship and djing should showcase that craftsmanship in an elegant way.

It's like the sync button has made people "bored" so they feel they should do more "creative" things within traktor.

Even Shiftee's F1 video sounded pretty meh to me.

This is the kind of shit I like to see done in terms of a "routine". Routine's still need to demonstrate mad skill or sound amazing. Not just like a slightly sketchy tune. Just my opinion

or

or this with machine

I know Priscilla is showing something else, not trying to compete with the above, and i hope that her routines inspire good stuff from peeps using the F1 cause I pray i don't have to go out and hear it being doen badly.

2 cents
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

None of those sound amazing, they are cool to watch as a novelty, but not much value past that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    None of those sound amazing, they are cool to watch as a novelty, but not much value past that imo.
    Each to their own
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Each to their own
    Very much so. Don't get me wrong, some of them are quite impressive from a technical perspective, but it's never something I would throw on my iPod to jam to, turntable-ism included.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456