DJ Logo - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DJ Logo

Thank you, and it's not even that i'm not social savvy. I just thought he might be able to explain how it could benefit me. lol... I'm actually a social butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    I understand that this is the internet and that some people are more "social" savvy than some, however, these forums are around to help people. If you honestly believe you are above someone, you should not even bother and just let others like myself, help out people like Kyle in a way that might be more constructive.
    Tough love and all that. All about negative reinforcement. Instead of asking "I need a DJ logo, where do I look?" and expecting us to do all the work for him, trying to get him to think and do some research himself. Hopefully in the future, before posting such thread hopefully he'll do some research and snooping around instead.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Tough love and all that. All about negative reinforcement. Instead of asking "I need a DJ logo, where do I look?" and expecting us to do all the work for him, trying to get him to think and do some research himself. Hopefully in the future, before posting such thread hopefully he'll do some research and snooping around instead.
    Its not your job to teach lessons. In this community we try to help by answering the questions that are asked, and we try to refrain from making comments that are uneccesary. If you dont feel like explaining something any further or feel like answering a "stupid" question, no one is making you post, I would say simply dont reply.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Its not your job to teach lessons. In this community we try to help by answering the questions that are asked, and we try to refrain from making comments that are uneccesary. If you dont feel like explaining something any further or feel like answering a "stupid" question, no one is making you post, I would say simply dont reply.

Not trying to be rude, but what do you do in real life if someone gives you that attitude? Give them that explanation? Best bet is to just ignore it. Treat it like real life, and it will serve you better in the long run.

Wow, we have some real jackasses here...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but what do you do in real life if someone gives you that attitude? Give them that explanation? Best bet is to just ignore it. Treat it like real life, and it will serve you better in the long run.
    Trying to preserve a helpfull and friendly community. thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    Wow, we have some real jackasses here...

Yep....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

This community has always been about helping. Yes there are sometimes 30+ threads about the same thing, just offer help or don't answer. There's been a lot of this "holier than thou" attitude here lately, and to be honest, that's not DJTT. Let's be the supportive community we are all here for, and not another uppity forum.

OP: look at logos online, lots, and foreverything from toasters to airplanes. It will give you some ideas of what looks good, and what doesn't. Don't clutter it with too much, the simpler the better. Keep it to only a couple colors, but make sure it catches the readers eye. Also, it doesn't have to be your name, or letters, look at the Etnies logo for example. It is a very abstract E, but when I see it in a skate shop I instantly know its Etnies. And keep up the enthusiasm, no difference between a logo and a DJ name when it comes to how long you have been playing this game.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Well, I fail to see how pointing out that a logo and/or web-presence (not only talking about this thread here, more of a general statement) might not really be the most important thing to worry about at this point is as negative as some people here make it out to be. Be honest, how many people do you know that got gigs (especially the first ones) based on their web-page? Or why do people want a logo so badly? (Actually, when thinking about it I can't come up with any DJ, which I'm interested in, that has a logo)

Don't get me wrong, it might be different somewhere else, but all I can observe is that word of mouth and (even more importantly) knowing people is the way to get gigs, not having a super duper webpage. Sure, having some representation on the internet certainly does not hurt, but a normal facebook account will do for that (maybe at a later stage a fanpage). And to be honest, I'd get a bit suspicious if somebody had a fancy webpage without having played a fair number of gigs - in the end a webpage without content is not worth a penny (and what should you fill a DJ page with if not references to your former and forthcoming gigs - and maybe a mix here and there).
    Last edited by 3heads; 05-29-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    How long have you been DJing for?
    Nobody likes a smartarse....

OP, if you want to make a logo, make a logo.... its a step in the right direction, we cant be behind the decks 24hours a day, dont let the bullshit let you down, theres always a pessamistic prick to be found....
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast