Thinking Realistically (Traktor F1) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Mentor

Im contemplating an F1 now OOOOOOORRRRRRRR just wait a few months until NI lets you map the remix decks to any controller, either way until 1 of those 2 things happen, I'm back to 2.1.2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    Im contemplating an F1 now OOOOOOORRRRRRRR just wait a few months until NI lets you map the remix decks to any controller, either way until 1 of those 2 things happen, I'm back to 2.1.2
    Same thing. I depend on my S4 for gigs and 2.5 is a toy, not stable software.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Tech Mentor

Got my F1 yesterday, just gotta learn how to use the damn thing. Sooo many functions, I give props to NI and I give even more props to the guys that are hacking the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    The F1 is nice, but I don't even use the sample decks. Remix decks? Maybe in the future.
    +1 to this. I'm attracted by the colours but not for £250!

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking too, but after watching several of the new NI tutorial videos and playing with 2.5 myself, I'd venture to say, nothing will match the F1 as a controller for the Mix Decks. And I actually believe NI now about them wanting to make sure the F1 integration was done right, before they concentrated on anything else, like mapping commands for the Mix Deck. They did put in a lot of hard work and thought into the F1 and also notice they didn't put in much thought for the Mix Decks even in their own controllers, like the S4. Using the Mix Decks with an S4 is even buggy.

So, I am actually wanting to buy at least one F1, to see if I can master the Mix Decks with a proper controller. I also believe this adds a whole new facet for creativity to Traktor and "DJing", which I am also believing this descriptive word for people mixing music will soon need to be changed to something else. I don't know what, but if you are creating music with the mix decks and not just mixing two or more songs together, it just simply isn't "disc jockeying" anymore. (hope I don't get too many hate posts for that comment)

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Convert

Ableton is awesome and with the APC 40 it does make life easy but it feels that you are not really DJing with Ableton as it's too prepared but then again it is what you do and create I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Traktor Lover View Post
    Ableton is awesome and with the APC 40 it does make life easy but it feels that you are not really DJing with Ableton as it's too prepared but then again it is what you do and create I guess.
    It's also how you prepare. I never really had that complaint when I was running Ableton. At times, I was wondering why I bothered doing things life as opposed to just rendering edits and spinning with a DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    I'd say, with the new Mix Decks, NI IS trying to give digital DJs a new and serious tool to work with. And because it is new, it is met with a mix of emotions and attitudes towards it. Some people see potential, others don't. That is life and absolutely normal.

I personally see a lot of potential and the surface is only being scratched at this point, even with 2.5 and the F1. And, at the least, NI has gotten a lot of people's eyes turned towards them and have raised a lot of interests, positive and negative. Either way, since people are looking more at them, this new release and tool certainly is good for NI.

As I mentioned, the Mix Decks are a tool and like any tool, as long as the tool is good and serves its purpose well, it only takes some skill, some talent and some practice to become a professional with it. And Ean's very short video shows someone with skill, talent and a bit of time can use the mix decks to make great sounding, even new dance music, which is the goal of the Mix Decks, I would presume.

I think that 43 seconds of music sounded better than any of the current NI presentation videos. Nice job Ean and I can't wait to get my MF3Ds and the "bridge" software DJTT is producing for controlling the Mix Decks with the MF3D. I bet NI is steaming. But really, they shouldn't be.

scamo
    Very nice job Ean! I got my F1 yesterday & have only had a chance to hook it up & mess around with it a bit.

I'm not familiar with the midi fighter at all. So I have a question. Can you control the volume of the samples with it?

If not, this is not a option for a DJ like me with a 2 channel mixer. The F1 has faders to control volume. Like I said I've played with it for 45 min tops & it's the first thing that came to mind after hooking it up & routing the sound.

Props on the hack though! & so quickly done!

Tech Mentor

The Midi Fighter Classic is user customizable, if you are handy with a soldering iron you could easily hack together a F2. Well, you'd have to be good at mapping as well.

Tech Wizard

I'm thinking about getting it... Just so many possibilities with it.
    You can mix in 2,3,4 cut acapellas into a mix, or drop a beat into a vocal, work on a build up.
    But I rather wait a few months for all the bug's and all to be tweaked because I can guess there will still be plenty, including Traktor 2.5.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DDJ-T1 | DJM 800 | (2) Pioneer CDJ 1000 | Toshiba Satellite | Traktor Kontrol X1

SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-infernity

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345