Thinking Realistically (Traktor F1)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Thinking Realistically (Traktor F1)

It's pretty,
    It's got 16 RGB pads,

But are you really going to use the thing?

I'm considering jumping on the F1 but I have to ask myself, is it really worth $249 for control over remix decks and a potentially mappable piece of midi hardware?

Then you have to ask yourself, can you see yourself gigging with the thing everyday?

Then you weigh the plusses in.

It completely revolutionizes one's workflow

No longer are we limited to playing songs....

64 samples in the banks means limitless possibility for live remixes. Taking pieces of tracks and acappellas and layering them to create an absolutely fantastic set showcasing the limit of what's possible. With utilities like the loop recorder available, the possibilities are limitless.

I'm skeptical and still continue to be about jumping on this.

However, I think it's time to step up and get used to a new workflow as a dj, because there are miles of possibility ahead.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Quote Originally Posted by mart21har View Post
    It's pretty,

It completely revolutionizes one's workflow

No longer are we limited to playing songs....

64 samples in the banks means limitless possibility for live remixes. Taking pieces of tracks and acappellas and layering them to create an absolutely fantastic set showcasing the limit of what's possible. With utilities like the loop recorder available, the possibilities are limitless.
    this. it's going to be awesome.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    this. it's going to be awesome.
    I was trying to insinuate the general point that i'm not the one to convert to this new button mashy-esque thing. However it's time to stop being a stigler and perhaps jump in. It's going to be more work making samples and organizing sets and all. Doing that stuff live still retains a connection with the crowd.

However, you maintain the possibility of incorporating elements subtly that contribute to a delicate build or continue a mainroom high time feel.

I'm getting one. I use Ableton and Traktor and I definitely look forward to doing more "Ableton-like" things in Traktor...The pre 2.5 sample decks just didn't cut for me...the remix decks are looking way more like they fit my style and ideal workflow...so I will definitely get one. I also get that it won't be ideal for a lot of people. That is why I like the modular controller paradigm. Some people love their S2, S4, VCIs etc...for me...all-in-one controllers don't fit my workflow....but I believe the F1 will. That's my $0.02!
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Pretty lights be damned, I'm probably going to keep with my old kit for a bit, I'm enjoying it a lot and not really needing more right now. The pretty lights are snazzy though and I'm really drooling over them.

The F1 is nice, but I don't even use the sample decks. Remix decks? Maybe in the future.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    The F1 is nice, but I don't even use the sample decks. Remix decks? Maybe in the future.
    Exactly what i'm on the fence with

The remix decks and sample decks are completely different....the sample decks were basic and painful to use compared to the remix decks.

I will be getting one and you should, you owe it to yourself.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

I got mine today, literally just plugged it in, loaded the free content from service center, and I'm loving it, can't wait to start filling the slots with whats in my head!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    The remix decks and sample decks are completely different....the sample decks were basic and painful to use compared to the remix decks.

I will be getting one and you should, you owe it to yourself.
    Well since you put it that way.

But first I need to figure out what to do about my 6000.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast