Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, Final Logo Selection - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Does DA stand for DUMB ASS?

I dunno pick the one you like, don't ask people on the internet.
    Honestly, what is your problem? he asked for opinions, not your smart remark. This forum is about helping DJs, not calling them out or making fun of them. Grow up...

By the way, I like the second one!

I like the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. That being said, those fonts are a bit generic in the EDM scene, and overused.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Winning then
    True that mate!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

The only dumb asses are the negative ppl on these forums. My how this place has changed.

I like #4 and was planning to use that font also for my podcast art but there are so many options.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Tech Guru

yea I used to use these forums alot stopped around a year ago, there just seems to be alot of trolls and people that think they know everything. As far as asking other's opinions on logos its a good idea cuz when u are involoved in somthing you can have quite a narrow look on it where as other will have a wider prospective.

What I would say is its really important to make sure your logo is usable by promoters on there posters and lets people know who you are so I would go for somthing with your full name rather than just initials

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Does DA stand for DUMB ASS?

I dunno pick the one you like, don't ask people on the internet.
    NOT cool bro.....

Op, I like #4. That font is my favorite.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Well, I think people are getting annoyed he has made like 5 threads about this stuff now in the past two days.
    I have to agree, but I'll also be the first to admit I'm a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by aarondavid View Post
    Actually 3... One was for the name, which helpped more people than just me with advice...
    Second was for my original idea of a logo, which you guys then showed me the proper way to create a logo, and also gave great advice
    and then this one...
    Actually there are 4 threads which you authored and have been replied to in the last 2 days:
    1. Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, Final Logo Selection
    2. Best way to get noticed?
    3. Vote for best logo!
    4. I Need to come up with a DJ Name!

Starting threads isn't bad, but it is a little much when they're so similar in nature. All of them are fundamentally about branding yourself... but the best way to brand is to work on your music. But you're obsessed with branding yourself, which websites you should have a presence on... and so many other things which really don't matter at all. You said in another post: "I already know that the best way to get noticed as a dj is through word of mouth and by making friends with the right people."

Do you fully understand what you said, or are you just repeating words someone else presented you with? You still seem to be spending most of your energy on branding but I don't think you're really doing as you say. The shiniest logo isn't going to mean -anything- next to a good performance. Just seems like a tremendous amount of energy to spend before you have any real-world recognition. If you have people recognizing you in real life, where does that demographic spend their time? If you spin electro then you probably reach a younger crowd who is most likely going to be Facebook-centric, but you'll never really know until you meet some of your "fans" and ask them.

Having a presence on *every* social media outlet and other website would be good, but it depends on how much time you want to invest in it. Word of mouth would allow you to have more people promoting you, and it would happen in an organic way. If people see you and like your style enough, no further effort is required by you. View social media and other websites as mediums to follow through with people and stay in touch, not a way to promote yourself (you're doing it backwards).

Maybe it is just teenage angst, but personally I think you should take a bit of a more relaxed approach to all of this so you don't get all twisted up over branding and lose sight of what is really important. Just have fun and work hard at being good at what you do and recognition will come naturally. Start small, you're not playing Ibiza tomorrow.

haha the 4th is too similar to mine i like the 2nd, the 3rd would be nice with a little polish up haha

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    I have to agree, but I'll also be the first to admit I'm a jerk

Actually there are 4 threads which you authored and have been replied to in the last 2 days:
    1. Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, Final Logo Selection
    2. Best way to get noticed?
    3. Vote for best logo!
    4. I Need to come up with a DJ Name!

Starting threads isn't bad, but it is a little much when they're so similar in nature. All of them are fundamentally about branding yourself... but the best way to brand is to work on your music. But you're obsessed with branding yourself, which websites you should have a presence on... and so many other things which really don't matter at all. You said in another post: "I already know that the best way to get noticed as a dj is through word of mouth and by making friends with the right people."

Do you fully understand what you said, or are you just repeating words someone else presented you with? You still seem to be spending most of your energy on branding but I don't think you're really doing as you say. The shiniest logo isn't going to mean -anything- next to a good performance. Just seems like a tremendous amount of energy to spend before you have any real-world recognition. If you have people recognizing you in real life, where does that demographic spend their time? If you spin electro then you probably reach a younger crowd who is most likely going to be Facebook-centric, but you'll never really know until you meet some of your "fans" and ask them.

Having a presence on *every* social media outlet and other website would be good, but it depends on how much time you want to invest in it. Word of mouth would allow you to have more people promoting you, and it would happen in an organic way. If people see you and like your style enough, no further effort is required by you. View social media and other websites as mediums to follow through with people and stay in touch, not a way to promote yourself (you're doing it backwards).

Maybe it is just teenage angst, but personally I think you should take a bit of a more relaxed approach to all of this so you don't get all twisted up over branding and lose sight of what is really important. Just have fun and work hard at being good at what you do and recognition will come naturally. Start small, you're not playing Ibiza tomorrow.
    Listen to what he's saying. He's plain right!

And in general: find a name and a logo and whatever that YOU like. In the end you have to live with it and nobody else. I'm not sure asking a bunch of total strangers (even if many are quite nice) on the internet is the most sensible approach
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback on my logo selection..i will be going with number 2....and the reason i ask on the internet is because the first logo i put up was hated by all who saw it....In my eyes i thought it was pretty sick..

But in the end the outcome has been a logo that is 10X better than what i originally imagined

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    I would just like to just say, thank you for showing me up from down

I think that i got so hyped up into going big over night, that i forgot about the more important things.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-29-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: merge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast