DJ CDs/Pools/Packs
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DJ CDs/Pools/Packs

Hey guys,

While shadowing a resident DJ the other day I noticed he used some DJ packs like "X-Mix" which conveniently get you all the hottest tracks.

I'm wondering what the hive mind knows about this? Which are most popular? Which are best? What are the options?

Links??
    Setup: Laptop, Traktor Pro, VCI100SE, Audiofire 4
    Windows XP Ultimate by Johnny, Service Pack 3
    Intel Pentium M, 1.6GHz, 2Gigs Ram
    http://www.myspace.com/djczo

Setup: Laptop, Traktor Pro, VCI100SE, Audiofire 4
    Windows XP Ultimate by Johnny, Service Pack 3
    Intel Pentium M, 1.6GHz, 2Gigs Ram
    http://www.myspace.com/djczo

Default record pools

i get my stuff from franchise record pool wich is overseen by funkmaster flex and also djcity's digital pool these are subscription services= $, and you must be a working dj to register. djcity requires you to rate and review the tracks that you download. franchise offers tracks broken down by genre they have tracks that have been given intros and outros there are a ton of old school diggin in the crate stuff and they also have videos to download.
    Last edited by djcmac1; 05-23-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Depends on the type of music you working with. Some other options are:

For Mainstream go to:
    http://www.promoonly.com/
    i personally use digital files so i use worksessions.com - its like $20 a month, but well worth because they get a ton of stuff right when its out of the studio.

another choice favorite of mine is gigacrate.com which is totally free as long as you classify,rate,tag, comment on the track. they also hot link to blogs so you can find alot of music this way.

Hype em' blog is also very helpful.

hope this helps.

ssshhh! hype m is the best kept secret on the internet thus far.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    ssshhh! hype m is the best kept secret on the internet thus far.
    Yeah, just find the good blogs, and subscribe to their feed!

Tech Guru

yea it is pretty sick. These subscription services seem like they are too easy to be true/bealegitdj. Now let me clarify that, I'm not saying anyone who uses em isn't legit, but it seems like cheating to half of my mind, to the other half I can totally understand it for situations that you wouldn't want to have to spend billions of hours perfecting your set by scourging the net for tracks, ie. I am not a hip-hop/top 40 dj, but if people want me to spin that at there party I would get a pack and learn those songs + a mixture of others.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

To me the CD's seem quite expensive. They are not much cheaper than 1 USD per song. So the main benefit is really just for pro DJ's that really need all the Top 40 songs even if personally you think 2/3 of them suck, just so that you are always ready to fullfil any requests. And of course you do not need to spend time to get the songs off of beatport or itunes manually.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    yea it is pretty sick. These subscription services seem like they are too easy to be true/bealegitdj. Now let me clarify that, I'm not saying anyone who uses em isn't legit, but it seems like cheating to half of my mind, to the other half I can totally understand it for situations that you wouldn't want to have to spend billions of hours perfecting your set by scourging the net for tracks, ie. I am not a hip-hop/top 40 dj, but if people want me to spin that at there party I would get a pack and learn those songs + a mixture of others.
    I'm not sure what you mean by cheating. i have to pre listen to the tracks that i get and i spend many hours finding music to spin at the club. record pools are a great way of getting tracks. the pools that i mentioned are supported by the record labels and producers, they have "professional" dj's
    that supply remixes you can also get instrumentals and accapellas . after that its up to you in how you use them. i don't know about you but i feel better when i get music from a legit source instead of pirating it from some blog or limewire or some other file sharing source. just my opinion.
    pic is dj wick-it spinning at my club

Last edited by djcmac1; 05-24-2009 at 09:28 AM.

I really don't like the X-mix/Funkymix series of stuff, because they usually have extended intros/outros and dumb sound effects/drops in the middle of the song, or add different rhythms. Kind of "remixes lite." In my eyes it's a little unnecessary, especially with the versatility of the DJ software/DVSs that a lot of us use.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast