Buy / Sell / Trade feedback and rules proposal to not allow people to derail sales...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buy / Sell / Trade feedback and rules proposal to not allow people to derail sales...

I don't want to seem like this is just me complaining but it has happened several times to me before and i notice it quite a bit.

I see a trend in B/S/T of people coming into threads with no intention of buying and complaining about prices or purposely derailing threads and turning it into a discussion about what they think is fair or not or telling people to go elsewhere. Most forums have clearly defined rules where it is not allowed to complain about prices and usually offers are often allowed to be made by PM only to stop lowballers.

It might not hurt to have some defined rules in place to keep this stuff in check and make it more of a classified listing instead of just letting people come in and muck everything up (which often has the motive of the person coming into the thread trying to sell their own items or to detract from another seller when they have their own thread up).

they should function more like classified threads and less like open discussions about the seller or products at hand.

re: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=52785
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-29-2012 at 01:08 PM.

+1
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

All in favor.....

"I"

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

+2

Eye.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

This man speaks the truth!

+1
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The kind of person that will do that is not the kind of person to check the posted rules to make sure it's okay to do that. Please report any such posts you see like that.

EDIT: I'm not saying we don't need, just that it probably won't discourage the idiots from doing it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The kind of person that will do that is not the kind of person to check the posted rules to make sure it's okay to do that. Please report any such posts you see like that.

EDIT: I'm not saying we don't need, just that it probably won't discourage the idiots from doing it.
    True. Established rules might help so people can point to them and there is a standard that it isn't acceptable. I see a few other posts with it happening now.

If someone wants to list a midifighter for $700 they should be able to without people whining about it.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post484548
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-31-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Tech Mentor

+1 It's freakin a pain in the ass to wade through some guys whining to find to info for the items on sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast