Dear Vestax

Thread: Dear Vestax

Default Dear Vestax

Hi Vestax,
    I own a Vestax VCI-400. I also work in a store that sells VCI-400 and unfortunately we are not selling many even though I recommend it. A couple of things that are holding it back are:

No Standalone Mixer. I assumed even when buying it that I would be able to use the outer two channels with CDJ,'s or my Turntables using Scratch Live. I know you have announced an update but it has been months and still no support. Standalone mixer control should include gain, eq, filter, fader and crossfader support.

No great software support. For awhile I was happy with Serato DJ Intro but it's limitations are killing me. Like not being able to record my mix and not being able to change loop sizes. When I demo the VCI-400 against the NS6, NS6 wins over the customer due to better software support out the box. Yes I have tried it with Traktor but jogwheel control is not tight enough and I prefer Serato for various reasons. (Scratch Live User)

I'm sure you realize sales are kind of slow on VCI-400 while ns6 is flying off the shelf. Please fix these issues.
    Thanks,
    Fundando

fundando.com mixcloud.com/fundando

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So did you send that to Vestax or are you hoping they see it here?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It works tight in VDJ Pro, and with a little effort you could map it exactly the same as the E.G. Edition, or even better...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    So did you send that to Vestax or are you hoping they see it here?
    Yeah I sent a letter to Vestax through my Vestax Rep but I am posting it here just in case they don't get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    It works tight in VDJ Pro, and with a little effort you could map it exactly the same as the E.G. Edition, or even better...
    I have used Virtual DJ in the past and I am not a fan of it. I think the sound quality is bad. Maybe version 8 will be better. Also I prefer Serato software as I keep all my playlists in Crates.