James Zabiela tearing it up in Osaka Japan, close look at his gear and set - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I thought it was interesting to see the performance side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    HEY! What's wrong with that!?
    Nothing. It just is what it is.

I don't like Coltrane. I can only stand Brubeck in a few recordings. And I don't really like this style of DJing either. I was just saying they're kinda the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    I thought it was interesting to see the performance side of things.
    In 10 minutes? You and I must have very different ideas about what DJs do.

Tech Guru

Been a massive fan of Zabiela for years. The guy is nothing but positive and I just love his attitude to what he plays. basically if he likes it, he'll fit it in somewhere, somehow.

His "Moon" concept essential mix from a couple of years ago is quite amazing.

Tech Mentor

i have a cracking vid of James managed to get literately right next to him and watch him play with his toys the guys immense !!!

The guy is using everything he has, he's doing crazy shit on that ipad, using those cdj's, that LPD...i wish i could integrate my ipad like that, i have absolutely no use for this shit.

This. But maybe more people are coming to see him perform than to dance.
    This is what the future is becoming. Forget DJing. Learn to press buttons and perform an "act". People don't dance anyway.

Check out the "fake" scratching over a lame beat at 7:40. This is the future.

I love Zabiela, and when i saw him on boxing night he was nothing short of spectacular, his set had the place rockin, and his scratching and beatmashing goes down a treat, i never imagined house and techno heads would go off for a bit of scratching. Loved his and Sashas WMC b2b sesh as well, thought he outshone Sasha that night tbh!

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    This is what the future is becoming. Forget DJing. Learn to press buttons and perform an "act". People don't dance anyway.

Check out the "fake" scratching over a lame beat at 7:40. This is the future.
    It's not fake scratching he's probably got some noise and it's being gated with the DJM 800 effect, i saw it on the DJm 800 introduction vide, plus what's wrong with doing couple tricks every now and then on your sets? If Dj's i saw only played music and beatmatched intros with outros i'd get bored.

He is totally manipulating a 16 note sample using effects and hot cues. That is not live scratching.

To get that sound with real scratching you need some serious crossfader work.

In the end I don't care if it's real or fake if it sounds cool. What gets me pissed is when people like you think it's real and praise him like a scratch God.

>

REAL SCRATCHING:

NOT REAL SCRATCHING:

>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast