Help with building up a nice set?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor FEEDIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    112

    Default Help with building up a nice set?

    As the title says, i need help
    And as alot of you guys have experience with different gear, i thought this would be the right place for my first post!

    I have two technics 1210 mk. 2, a VERY old gemini mixer and a traktor kontrol x1.
    I want to evovle my set, meaning i would like to do timecode with traktor scratch and launch a couple of samples or play with cues/loops inside traktor:-)
    I need a new mixer and traktor scratch pro/duo 2, any suggestions?
    Should i go with a 2 channel or 4 channel mixer "why"? (Any suggestions for a mixer would also be nice:-))
    Should i go with Scratch pro or duo?

    Remember, i can't afford the overpriced pioneer mixers...
    But i'm open for suggestions and ideas on a new setup, that would make me more creative etcetera.:-)

    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,
    FEEDIT

  2. #2
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Binary Underworld
    Posts
    31

    Default

    For some reason my brain wants to filter everything except the smiley faces from your post.

  3. #3
    Tech Guru DJDoubleYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyperspace
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I don't know if this is your style but i would buy an s4, it covers al your needs and more.
    DN-X1600 | 2x X1 MKI | APC 20 | MC-505 | MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | XBoard 49

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor deckard26354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brightion-Jakarta
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEEDIT View Post
    As the title says, i need help
    And as alot of you guys have experience with different gear, i thought this would be the right place for my first post!

    I have two technics 1210 mk. 2, a VERY old gemini mixer and a traktor kontrol x1.
    I want to evovle my set, meaning i would like to do timecode with traktor scratch and launch a couple of samples or play with cues/loops inside traktor:-)
    I need a new mixer and traktor scratch pro/duo 2, any suggestions?
    Should i go with a 2 channel or 4 channel mixer "why"? (Any suggestions for a mixer would also be nice:-))
    Should i go with Scratch pro or duo?

    Remember, i can't afford the overpriced pioneer mixers...
    But i'm open for suggestions and ideas on a new setup, that would make me more creative etcetera.:-)

    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,
    FEEDIT
    I really dont want to be negative but I am increasingly seeing this forum becoming lazier by the day. Is it Google culture that demands that people just want answer's immediately?

    Surely with a little bit of searching on these forum's and other's you could get the answer's you need?

    Srsly? 2 or 4 channel mixer? you should know that by now from also having previous experience with TT'bls.

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor hola amigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Use the search function. Tuns of reviews on traktor scratch pro and duo.

    Use the search function to learn the differences and prices of 2 channel mixers and 4 channel mixers tuns of them on here.

    Like stated above, look into the traktor s2 which is a 2.1 channel mixer or the traktor s4 which is a 4 channel mixer.

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor deckard26354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brightion-Jakarta
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    I really dont want to be negative but I am increasingly seeing this forum becoming lazier by the day. Is it Google culture that demands that people just want answer's immediately?

    Surely with a little bit of searching on these forum's and other's you could get the answer's you need?

    Srsly? 2 or 4 channel mixer? you should know that by now from also having previous experience with TT'bls.
    I did come off pretty negative there but my sentiments still stand.
    I think your enquiry was similar as to what I used to get with working in the IT industry. 'My computer is making a funny noise' Impossible to answer with such a vague statement as there are many, many solution's. Same applies as to what you were asking.

    Agreed from above use the search function.

    There are loads of site's out there with review's of equipment, 'Digital Dj tips' have good video review's, http://djworx.com/ Also has some older equipment review's.
    I started off back in 2008 looking for Digital setup's and lot's of research groundwork on the internet and visiting DJ store's for advice and hand's on tryout's before getting a basic setup.

    Good luck with searching Feedit.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru DJDoubleYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hyperspace
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I totally disagree with you guy's, i think he's just looking for a few suggestions to point him in the right direction, what's wrong with that??
    DN-X1600 | 2x X1 MKI | APC 20 | MC-505 | MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | XBoard 49

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor deckard26354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brightion-Jakarta
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    I totally disagree with you guy's, i think he's just looking for a few suggestions to point him in the right direction, what's wrong with that??
    I guess I'm getting a jaded about the many, question's that are now in this forum asking answers to questions that can easily be found by using the search function, and doing a little bit of background work for yourself. I have tried to be helpful by pointing to website's with review's.

    As I said it's such an open ended set of questions,

    Just like to see a little initiative.

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor FEEDIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    I totally disagree with you guy's, i think he's just looking for a few suggestions to point him in the right direction, what's wrong with that??
    exactly!
    I have been using many hours on different forums, reading reviews and more. The problem is that there are so many options... As DJDoubleYou said, i need a few suggestions to point me in the right direction
    I hope that's not to much to ask for.

    If it helps I've been looking at these mixers:
    Ecler Nuo 3.0 (The last channel could be used for samples?)
    Behringer DDM-4000 (It's a 4 channel mixer and gives me a lot of options)

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Sherlock Ohms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Sooooo, there are so many option, you need to get some more opinions. Hmmm

    my tuppence worth - the Nuo 3.0 is lovely, I've got one myself. yes you could probably use the third channel to fire off some samples.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •