DJM 900 Owners... Are you in love with it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJM 900 Owners... Are you in love with it?

Ok,

So I sold my DJM800 and was gonna / still might get a Rane Empath Rotary... was even thinking a Xone 92 Rotary.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=52288

But I must say I probably can afford the DJM900 and rotary isn't really a deal breaker. After a while I might even attempt this mod.http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=46378

Is the 900 the tits? Seems to have absolutely everything I want from a mixer.

Haters gonna hate pioneer, but surely even the 900 has got to get props. Nothing wrong with it is there? (other than the price)

Surely it's extremely clean audio as there is minimum A/D D/A conversion

Let me know if you have regrets, crave something else etc...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

No regrets. It's everything I expected, nothing more/nothing less. There were a couple FX I thought I could really learn to use in my sets and fit in really well that didnt really pan out, but on the flip side, there are some FX that I thought I would never use and now find them very usefull.

Tech Wizard

Im going to folow this closely. I was going to get a DJM-900 but a lot of people seem to be pushing more towards the 2000 now.

Tech Mentor

I am loving my DJM900NXS. Now that I have been using it more and comboing it with Traktor Effects. It's blown my mind what I can do with it. Many of my friends just love coming over to hear me practice. Since I usea lot of efects and 8 beat loops cuts fully utilizing 4 decks. If you plan on getting a 900 and use it with Traktor you wont regret it.

Gotta say... as someone who's tried to steer clear of anything labeled pioneer (just so i can feel like i was different) getting the DJM-900 was the best thing i've ever done. I've had my fair share of mixers, and have used many other mixers, but theres nothing like my 900. Its not really that its all that good, i love the color effects, and the fact that when i show up to a gig i no longer have to take a sound card with me, and well lets face it, the thing is everywhere.

Trust me i had a huge dilemma between the 900 and the 2000, and while i kind of wish i had gotten the 2000 the 900 is way better in my eyes because of the traktor certification. I've played with the Rmx-1000 and once its release and i got one i think ill be good on equipment. (still upgrading my cdjs tho)

If you can put up the extra ~$200-$300 for the 2k, the 2k is infinitely more worth it. The scratch certification is moot, you're going to need a Traktor card anyway unless you only play in the bedroom, and the 2k has an 8-out card for anything but timecode. Virtually every single part of the 2k is more powerful or usable.

Tech Guru

Love the 900, post fader delays for scratching on the cross fader. It's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    The scratch certification is moot, you're going to need a Traktor card anyway unless you only play in the bedroom
    how do you figure? I've used the built in sound card many times at some very popular clubs and no problems. Have you used it?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    how do you figure? I've used the built in sound card many times at some very popular clubs and no problems. Have you used it?
    You mean you hauled your personal mixer into a club setup? Because not every place you play at will have a 900, unless you only play at home (like I said above).

more then 50% of the places i play/have played have a 900 available. maybe is just my area but even one of the smaller bars/clubs by my house has one (definitely did not expect the first time i played there)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast