Just a little help for a newbie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Just a little help for a newbie

Firstly I am sorry if I missed the place to post this thread, please dont be too harsh if I did lol.

Now. This is my first post here, I just made an account. Ive been reading most of the articles on the site (mostly in my school classes when I dont have anything to do I read over the mobile phone).

So I am just one more guy trying to become a famous DJ lol.

I would post all that in that introduction thread but I got u guys here for something else.

I know this has been a million time asked question but there is a catch. I want to buy my first dj equipment. Some CDJ... Now I got 500 euros to spend. Now Ive been thinking about getting Gemini CDMP 6000. Tell me your thought about that. But the reason why I am posting this mainly is that Ive read that those all in one are not good. But the catch is only place where I can get the equipment in a store in my country named player. Now if u guys could try and give me all the possibilities for that money, but just from the equipment in this site http://www.player.rs/category.php?ID=16

I am saying sorry for repeating this question, I know u alredy have read it 10000th other times but I would be most thankful for any advice as I am very enthusiastic about this and I cant wait to start learning!

Thanks in advance,
    Monj$teR

p.s 1 euro is 120 dinars approximetly

First, you will take a lot of heat here if you say you want to be a famous DJ. Trust me on this.

Second, YOU go on that site, find 10 things you want to buy, and search reviews for them. Narrow it down to 5. Then, conme back and tell us what you like and don't like about those 5, and see what we suggest.

You won't get much help by saying I have X ammount of $$ to spend, what should I buy? It gives off the impression that you want us to do the work for you, and we all have our own deals going on, and can't sift through 1000 pieces of DJ gear so that you don't have to.

Welcome to the forums though
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

The thing is I said that as a joke lol.

And yeah I spent so much time on that site, and that all in one player is what I came across lol.

I cant pick a cd player. All that I saw are more expensive lol, is 500 euros even enough for some starter kit?

Cause all I found is pretty expensive.

And thanks .

Take up cross stitch then. DJing is expensive. You can go cheap and regret it, or have to upgrade and spend more than your original budget, or you can do your research while you save more money. This isn't a cheap hobby.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

I don't want to go cheap, its just that I thought that money would be enough. Guess I was wrong, Imma save more money, to say atleast 1000 euros. But u said nothing about the player I posted in the first post ?

is the store only a online store or can u also go to the store and check out some products if so like is said above make like a top 5 or look at some stuff that gets your interest and then go to the store and try them out and see which one feels good for you
    i cant say anything about the Gemini CDMP 6000's i dont have any experience with them
    hope u will figure it out soon
    |Macbook Pro| NI Traktor Kontrol S2| 2x KRK Rokit 6's| M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Convert

Hey guys I wasnt here for a while lol, doing a research so this is what Igot so far:

for mixers: Pioneer DJM 250 K or Allen & Heath » XONE:22 (any of those 2 good enough?)

and for cd players: Gemini CDJ-600 and lets say DENON DNS 700...

Any thought on those ? Thanks in advance

heey again

uhm for the cd players i think i would say to go with the gemini's but thats just my personal choice i guess because i like the feature on it that you can use a USB storage to play music digital for the mixers i dont know them but if you really want my opinion i can quick check some reviews

Tech Convert

If u could that it would be cool .

i just checked out 2 vids reviewing the mixers and as a personal opinion i prefer the pioneer i like the layout of the buttons and channels more then the Xone they dont really have much difference for as far as i could tell from the videos so yea basicly you have to look at what feels the best for you would be good if u could go to the shop and test them both to see what feels the best for you same goes for the CD Players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast