Dj Modular Setup.
    Tech Mentor

Default Dj Modular Setup.

I know what you guys are gunna say..blah blah blah figure out your self blah blah blah Lazyness now a days...

Not the reason im here.

Ive gone thru cdj 800 mk2s, Technics 1200 mk2s, pioneer ddj-t1, hercules control air, cdj 350s/400s, and i dont feel like "this is what i want"

So basically i have $$$ and im looking into modular midi setups.

Would purchasing 2 Midi Fighter 3D's, a Behringer CMD MM1 4 channel Mixer, and 2 Kontrol X1's, be a waste of money in terms of 4 deck control + mapping every option in Traktor needed?

I play electro/house music btw

The reason im starting this thread is because im looking for opinions, because in the end (although it is my opinion that counts) people sometimes have a better view/focus on things ive never thought of before.

Look at the 4midiloop by Faderfox, should cover everything you want for the type of music you play.

I was thinking about fully modular set-ups a couple of weeks ago and came up with this idea for Traktor as a Midi only arrangement (from left to right):
    Denon SC2000; Denon X1600 or Xone D2;NI F1 or Xone K2; Denon SC2000

The Denon mixer would make it TS certified and the F1 for the mix decks, or the Xones linked together. At new prices, the X1600/F1 would also keep $1k in pocket. But now I'm waiting to see what the SC2900 will be.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    I was thinking about fully modular set-ups a couple of weeks ago and came up with this idea for Traktor as a Midi only arrangement (from left to right):
    Denon SC2000; Denon X1600 or Xone D2;NI F1 or Xone K2; Denon SC2000

The Denon mixer would make it TS certified and the F1 for the mix decks, or the Xones linked together. At new prices, the X1600/F1 would also keep $1k in pocket. But now I'm waiting to see what the SC2900 will be.
    Ive thought of the same idea with the sc2000's and an external mixer, but im also waiting to see whats gunan happen with the sc2900

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Also in the same boat, looking to move away from the S2 to a Controller+Mixer setup soon, the X1 is the current contender but the new Denon unit has my interest for sure.

X1+F1 and a Tascam X9 (or house mixer), should make a gig worthy setup.

Don't forget about the Reloop Contour. Awesome piece of hardware, slim (although not so much as the K2, F1 and X1), pached with an interface or without, and very versatile.
    I have the Contour interface edition. Nextup, a Xone K2 and then something to control two remix decks: APC20 (which smaller then I thought), launchpad, two F1's, or and iPad running Lemur. Most probably I'll end up with the K2, Contour and the iPad.