Audio 8 CPU Spikes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I can replicate this issue very easily on my fully optimized win 7 32bit machine. I have every non essential service turned off (www.blackviper.com) and no anti virus etc. with an audio 8 or audio 2 connected and trakor running at idle my cpu spikes to 50% every 15 seconds. this is better is I use the old 2.0.15 driver instead of the 3.0.3. This is without doubt the audio sound card as I have tested with other sound cards and don't cause the same spike.

Also tested with traktor 2.03 and latest 2.5.1 same issue.

Has anyone found a way round this? my concern if that lets say you load a track at exactly the same time as the spike happens could cause issues.

Has anyone raised a support call with NI?

win7 32bit sp1 4gb ram
    ssd drive
    TSP2
    audio 8/audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by wrigh_a View Post
    I can replicate this issue very easily on my fully optimized win 7 32bit machine. I have every non essential service turned off (www.blackviper.com) and no anti virus etc. with an audio 8 or audio 2 connected and trakor running at idle my cpu spikes to 50% every 15 seconds. this is better is I use the old 2.0.15 driver instead of the 3.0.3. This is without doubt the audio sound card as I have tested with other sound cards and don't cause the same spike.

Also tested with traktor 2.03 and latest 2.5.1 same issue.

Has anyone found a way round this? my concern if that lets say you load a track at exactly the same time as the spike happens could cause issues.

Has anyone raised a support call with NI?

win7 32bit sp1 4gb ram
    ssd drive
    TSP2
    audio 8/audio 2
    to be honest i haven't really looked at my cpu to see if it's still spiking when i use the vci-400 or my audio 8. after doing more research i found that the pops i was hearing were actually an issue with keylock in traktor 2.5 so once i turned that off the sound artifacts went away. it was throwing me because they seemed to happen at the same time as the spikes, but that could have been coincidence.

i was never able to get rid of the cpu/dcp spikes entirely but i found that disabling the acpi battery cut my dcp spike levels by almost 70%. I haven't noticed any issues when playing via my audio 8 or vci for long periods of time so i stopped being concerned about minor dcp spikes that stay in "green" levels. i don't recall if my cpu spikes lessened.

i never made it as far as a support call with ni due to my past support experiences with them and almost every company ever. i would rather try everything i can on my end with research first.

have you tried running a dcp latency tool? i thought that the audio 8 was solely the issue but found that i was getting yellow dcp spikes even without it plugged in that coincided with the audio 8 cpu spikes when it was plugged in.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Guru

Use this Driver instead. It's dates back before NI changed their drivers, and after they did change, a lot of people that never had issues, all of the sudden did.

http://download.native-instruments.c...stamp=5074c393

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12