TouchAble

Thread: TouchAble

Default TouchAble

Alright, so I've spent the past couple days trying to find a comprehensive tutorial for the use of the program and haven't really found anything that has answered my questions... You guys are my last hope before blindly buying the program!

Question 1: do I just pay for the app, run the software, set it up and I'm good to go? Or do I have to map everything myself and there is a lot of set up involved?

Question 2: is there custom maps available and can I custom change things my self?

Im really hoping there is someone here who has some experience with the application and could offer me a little bit of insight into things... I really want to start messing around with my iPad and ableton and this looks like a possible option... Thanks so much

Q1: buy the software, install the touchable server on your computer, run and let it connect to you ipad. as soon as it connects you will see your ableton session (clips, mixer, fx) on the ipad screen.. couldnt be easier..

Q2: i dont know if (just guessing that) there arent any custom maps, cause everything happens automatically..

i guess you know the youtube channel of the app?!

http://www.youtube.com/user/touchAbleapp
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Boom! Thank you so much for the response... Alright you answered some of my questions and I think I'm going to buy it now... I still don't get how all the sends, returns and effects are just all going to be set up though with out any sort of configuration? Here is a link of pov mix done with what I think is touchable, a kaossilator and a djm... If you know who jelo is, he oozes awesomesauce... Thanks again

http://whitelabelpodcast.com/wlp11.htm

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    Q1: buy the software, install the touchable server on your computer, run and let it connect to you ipad. as soon as it connects you will see your ableton session (clips, mixer, fx) on the ipad screen.. couldnt be easier..

Q2: i dont know if (just guessing that) there arent any custom maps, cause everything happens automatically..

i guess you know the youtube channel of the app?!

http://www.youtube.com/user/touchAbleapp
    Yep. Not customizable, but everything you need is there. I actually prefer it to lemur for ableton, feels much cleaner and just works without having to add any max4live devices to every ableton set you want to start and use it on. It's well thought out, could be a little better for some of the macro controls and offer alternative layouts but still beats mapping.

Thanks a lot man... So are my effects and routing options limited to what they have mapped out? Also there is no template I need to open up in ableton before I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by jayruesahlum View Post
    Thanks a lot man... So are my effects and routing options limited to what they have mapped out? Also there is no template I need to open up in ableton before I use it?
    Nope, just install the touchable server application and run the application when you run ableton and it does everything automatically like it's an APC40 or something.

You can use anything and if it doesn't have a dedicated module the parameters will just show up as vertical sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by jayruesahlum View Post
    make sure to watch the tutorials on their channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/touchAbleapp
    a lot of questions are answered there
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst