extracting HID information/extracting Traktor metadata
    Tech Convert

Default extracting HID information/extracting Traktor metadata

Is it possible to extract HID information sent to devices such as (cdj2000) to be used with other programming environments such as Lemur or M4L?
    I want to extract the elapsed time from the HID stream and use it on my Lemur device.
    Is it possible to make a device to pose as a a CDJ in order for it to recieve this data?

Also, Traktor stores it's hotcue information in the metadata of it's files. Is this stored in the id3 tags or somewhere else?
    Thanks.

No idea about the first one, but I'm pretty sure the hotcues are stored in the 'collection' file, its an nml file if memory serves me.

Tech Convert

I'm pretty sure this isn't this case. I have many times before imported songs from my DJ laptop, onto my desktop computer (running a newly installed version of Traktor) and all hotcues show up.
    The only information it stores in the nml file is whether the hot cues are 'hotcues' or 'cuepoints'.
    This is why I ask the question about the metadata!

The new project 'hack-the-F1' looks like it involves HID hacking, they are streaming HID information from the F1, and also 'faking' the existence of the F1 by another device.
    Does anyone have anymore information?
    Thanks!

As far as i know, cues are stored in metadata for most file types (like mp3s), but some formats don't support it (such as WAVs) so traktor stores the info in the collection file.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Cues are stored in the MP3. A quick Google tells me that the elapsed time in Lemur is something others want as well, but it does look like it's available in Touch OSC.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

You can use any software based USB analyser, I would recommend http://www.usblyzer.com/ as it has a full function trial period.
    I have been itching to get my hands on a CDJ2000 to reverse engineer the protocol for a while now, feel free to pm if you want any more in