What Turntable to buy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What Turntable to buy?

I am looking for turntables not wanting to spend over $400 for one i am thinking the numark ttx what do you all think? I will be scratching a lot to.

-Fizz
    Fizz Styles

hit craigslist for Technics 1200's. Shouldnt run you more than $250 for one in perfect condition. They will seriously last a long time.

Tech Wizard

craigslist could u send me a linK?
    Fizz Styles

Tech Guru

I have a pair of Stanton T.62's and while they are entry level direct drive turntables they do the job just fine for me, just make sure you get some real slippery mats. They were $250 Canadian I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzstyles View Post
    I am looking for turntables not wanting to spend over $400 for one i am thinking the numark ttx what do you all think? I will be scratching a lot to.

-Fizz
    I have one TTX, is has a good motor with a decent torq. It isnīt a 1200 though.... The torq isnt as good an the engine lacks a bit of power compared with the 1200. Also the arm is bit lighter. I donīt scratch much but the TTX can pull the job defently. It is a good TT no complains but if you can buy a 1200 go for it . The other thing is that the TTX is very light and it is suceptible to needle jumps on party enviroments, the 1200 are heavy and steady. Both of them will require nice cartridges and scratch needles obviously for your purposes.
    Last edited by alien2k; 05-25-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Tech Wizard

i think i'm going to go for the 1200 thanks!
    Fizz Styles

Tech Convert

Default Go with technics

Quote Originally Posted by fizzstyles View Post

-Fizz
    I,m a heavy scratch dj ,I ve had my technics for about 9 years, if you don't mind buying good used technics from craigslist for about $400-$600 for the pair,then do it,if not numark's are ok.
    Last edited by Sammyz; 05-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Tech Wizard

how does craigslist work lol i couldn't find any haha
    Fizz Styles

Tech Convert

I went on and searched for technics on craigslist.com, and found great deals on a pair of technics ,mixer and coffin for $750 I tried Los Angeles, Chicaco,NY and phoenix and they all had technics for sale ,most of them were sold as the set (mixer & two turntables ) This website is world wide so you can get great deals anyware.Just simply log in to craigslist type in your state or country and go under musical instruments and type in technics and chose the deal you like and go check out the gear .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast