Legality of the Traktor Remix decks - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

it's all VERY ILLEGAL and you will all go to jail (probably in Texas) for a considerable period of time.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

^this. You are looking at, at least, 10-15 years. So put that F1 away, put those decks and your midi fighter in the closet, and go play outside where its safe.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

They should make eyes illegal because they enable us to see things and copy them.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

And ears of course, because they can listen to illegal music from downloaded files and the Remix Decks

Tech Guru

Haha I didn't start this thread out of fear. I just find it so crazy that NI has given us the ability to share our remix decks so easily with others. You could literally build an entire library of remix tracks if there was a place where people could post and share them.

I guess i'm just looking at the irony of some people in the music industry who are going to try and stop sharing and downloading when we have a tool that's allowing to do this so easily. And I guess i'm just surprised that the music industry hasn't tried to stop these abilities. But again it's likely DJ's who are actually eating up the new music so why kill your target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Haha I didn't start this thread out of fear. I just find it so crazy that NI has given us the ability to share our remix decks so easily with others. You could literally build an entire library of remix tracks if there was a place where people could post and share them.

I guess i'm just looking at the irony of some people in the music industry who are going to try and stop sharing and downloading when we have a tool that's allowing to do this so easily. And I guess i'm just surprised that the music industry hasn't tried to stop these abilities. But again it's likely DJ's who are actually eating up the new music so why kill your target audience.
    I think you shouldn't get it wrong. NI released the Remix Decks to allow people loading their samples into a kit so that you can load that bunch of samples like you would load songs. Of course you can transfer your Remix Kits easily from one of your computers to another. If you're a producer (and some DJs are) you can also create Remix Kits you produced yourself which you could share with others online.

Every other way you can abuse the Remix Decks functionality is just malpractice and not intended by Native Instruments.

It's like you would blame a manufacturer of kitchen knifes for giving people the tools to murder.

Native Instruments' intention is to make the handling of samples as easy as the handling of songs is.
    Last edited by RockingClub; 06-04-2012 at 04:56 AM.

I still don't understand where you are getting that the remix decks make sharing music any easier. The remix decks don't make sharing music any easier than regular track decks or itunes do. They are just players. What are you talking about?

F@#k the law, I follow my moral compass it's usually wiser that a law written by some jerk who is trying to only protect the interests of big business at the expense of... everyone else
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

This topic is super random - like TS has just discovered that people can easily put samples over tracks and share them. Almost like every production program in the history of music production.

And as for things like - http://mashup.mixedinkey.com/ - well....I honestly don't know how they sleep at night!
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Mentor

SMH Really?? You need to stop smoking dude. This doesn't make any kind of sense. What does the remix decks have to do with sharing? How does the remix decks as a tool make sharing and downloading easier? Your logic is so rediculous you are saying that Traktor in itself is illegal for allowing music to be played as is every other software or hardware ever known to man that plays or creates music. I guess Akai has been making an illegal tool for years. Also DJs are looked at by the music industry as promoters. Its why every record pool says you have to be a DJ to join. You pay a flat fee and the music is there for you to download because you are a DJ that is playing that music for the masses, promoting it for people to hear it and go out and buy it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast