Legality of the Traktor Remix decks
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Legality of the Traktor Remix decks

I was just thinking, how is it possible that the remix decks are legal? Anyone can throw in their own samples and export that remix track and share it with whoever. Just curious.

Tech Mentor

As with everything in life, it's not illegal to make something, it's illegal to use it for illegal purposes.

Therefore, if you make an illegal remix and sale it, it's not NI's fault, it's yours only.
    You agree to that when you buy and install the software.. probably somewhere in their fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I was just thinking, how is it possible that the remix decks are legal? Anyone can throw in their own samples and export that remix track and share it with whoever. Just curious.
    Not really sure I understand why you would think any part of the remix decks would be an issue.

Same reason DAWs, tape recorders, and the internet aren't illegal.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Same goes to production, don't share things you don't own the rights to. The tools are not the issue.

I wish people would just STOP even considering the legality of sampling.

Shit - a lot of us won't ever make it out of the bedroom, and even more just do it for fun. Why would you NOT use samples (which - by the way - is a ridiculous amount of fun) in your mixes/remixes? You're just depriving yourself of fun.

Now go have fun sampling. If the po-leeeece ever have you in a room asking you about sampling, tell 'em Patch says it's okay. They'll know who I am...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

hey

by that rational Pro-Tools, abelton, fruity loops and all the other music production software should be illegal.

But wait, so should Premier Pro, Final Cut pro and all video editing programs, cos i could just import other peoples video clips and export a new production. I can also mess about with other peoples graphics and pictures in Photoshop, so lets add that. And my printer that goes with it, I could print and share copies of stuff that doesn't belong to me, so all printers and photocopiers need to go as well.

As people have said these are all tools. If you choose to do something illegal with them; photocopy books you shouldn't be, use video clips or audio clips you don't have rights to, etc etc then thats your choice and fault.

k

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmcdonough"
    thats your choice and fault.
    Exactly. But the law is not there to stop people having fun at home. It's there to stop people profiting from other peoples work.

It's ridiculous for a young aspiring DJ to be afraid of using samples because they'll run into trouble with the law.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Why would you be afraid to use samples but not be afraid to play entire songs? Elephant, meet Room.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Why would you be afraid to use samples but not be afraid to play entire songs? Elephant, meet Room.
    This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Lol

Btw, my comment was towards sharing/selling remix packs with uncleared samples, not it's usage.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast