Traktor 2.5 freezing in Windows

Default Traktor 2.5 freezing in Windows

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me. Every time I put Traktor 2.5 into windowed mode (in Windows 7 64-bit) it completely freezes on me, forcing me to kill the program.

Now, the odd thing is that v2.1.3 worked fine, no issues. v2.5 is also just as stable gig wise, it just crashes when in window mode..

Anybody else have the same problem? Or should I start a ticket with NI? (eeeghh!)

Cheers
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Guru

Lol, I had a complete windows crash last night at a gig. If things weren't going really good I would've been pissed but it just added to the show, ppl went nuts.

But be warned, I was doing nothing out of the ordinary just A-B mixing with it full screen.

I'll probably switch off of 2.5 if i have another gig, the sad thing is that I have a beast of a laptop and its optimized....not much I can do anymore to make it work except switch to serato.

I usually don't rant, but 2.5 is a pure mess. Not something I would use again for Live performance. Crash twice on me, fortunately I always have a backup solution. So twice I've switched to 2.0.3, no more problem, rock solid... sure less feature but...
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Guru

Yeah i was really only using it for better beatgrids but its soooo unreliable, I think at this point im ready to sell off my traktor pro 2 license and go to traktor 1

I'll try reverting to an earlier version of traktor 2 but i doubt it will be reliable enough to use for live gigs...such a shame, if I could have all that time back setting up cue points and gains then I would use serato.

Just did it to me 20 min ago & a handful of times since the upgrade. All when in full window mode as well.

Sometimes cue points are off as well. They set off the mark just a bit. Behind where I want them. Anyone else notice this?

I haven't given the update a thorough (6 hours plus) testing yet, however the load meter is constantlly hovering toward the red for me so i will be going back to a nice stable version in the meantime.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "