Keeping your kit clean.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Keeping your kit clean.

I was wondering how people kit their DJ gear nice and Shiny? Obviously during gigs and what not, beer gets spilt (and contrary to the crane stand advert, i DO cry over spilt beer!) so how do you lot keep your gear fingerprint and dried beer free afterwards?

Another note, has DJ Techtools Considered a little Cleaning kit/maintenance kit for hardware? Kit well cared for lasts a lot longer after all!

I have a problem with dust. After i unboxed my s2. It gets dusty. I just wipe it down with toilet paper. But that leaves like white fuzzys all over. Not sure how to clean it that well.

Ah i have a solution for that! Use a dry paintbrush (unused obviously!) Gets in really well between EQ Knobs and faders etc.

i donīt really keep my stuff clean. i love it when it looks used, dirty, scratched and what not.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

For dust a paint brush does the trick quite perfectly.. Otherwise canned air..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I try to keep it clean using the vacuum cleaner. The problem is you have to be careful with cleaning glass or transparent glass plates as these tend to get scratched from cleaning. Better way would be using some microfiber cloth but this takes far too much time.

electrostatic dry swifter for dust. I buy all the gear. My wife buys all the cool cleaning gadgets. Not a bad trade off ....

Three words: Lint free cloth. If you have a macbook they come with one or you could pick one up from a sunglasses store like Sunglass Hut. These cloths are great at taking away dirt/grime while not scratching the item you're cleaning, like the screen on a MBP or your mixer. The cloths themselves are easy to clean as well.

Tech Mentor

If you're cleaning plastic, plexiglass, or any other kind of polished, reflective surface, don't use wood-based rags such as paper towels or toilet paper. Even cotton will scratch.

Lint free cloth or microfiber is the only thing you should use on these types of surfaces.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Three words: Lint free cloth.
    +1 Keeping my junk clean since '10

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast