M-audio bx5's vs KRK rokit 5's
    Tech Wizard

Default M-audio bx5's vs KRK rokit 5's

M-audio bx5's vs KRK rokit 5's whats the best monitors ? just to use for dj'ing now but could be used for some light production aswell.

The difference in quality is going to be pretty negligible. I haven't heard the bx5s in a long time but I was not impressed with the ones I did a couple years ago.

If you're thinking of ever producing the HS50s are a better bet for a little more.

Tech Wizard

KRK over the M-audio's definitely. IMO Rokits sound a bit better, but that could be more of a bias effect since I've heard so many times how good they are. Also, there seems to be quite a bit of trouble with the bx5s with buzzing and speakers going out. But as Xone said, get the Yamaha HS50m if you wanna produce too. They sound great and definitely worth the extra scratch.

Tech Wizard

had a look at few vids the yamaha seems like they dont have much base to them so seen as its house music i mix maybe would be better with the krk's but diden't realize they done a rokit 6's are there much deference in sounds 6's over 5's ?

Tech Wizard

Right you would want to buy a sub with the Yamahas. If you don't have the money for a sub too, but have the money for a pair rokit 6's get those. I haven't done a lot of listening to the 6's, but they are supposed to have a better low end, by specs. So if you want bass, but don't way a sub, the rokit6's would be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    had a look at few vids the yamaha seems like they dont have much base to them so seen as its house music i mix maybe would be better with the krk's but diden't realize they done a rokit 6's are there much deference in sounds 6's over 5's ?
    The KRKs don't have much bass either- these are 5" speakers and the only way I can describe the low end in all the KRK rokkits is it is kind of "fake". Fine for DJing but if you want to use them to produce the low end is really muddy and it seems like there is more bass but it is really more like a boost in the low mids- it is not close to anything flat or true low end.

Tech Wizard

think am going to have to find a place in the uk were can listen to both.

Tech Wizard

I had the bx-5s and they arent great. I mean for just rocking out and praciticing, a small house party theyre decent and have some power to them but very little bass. As said before theyre a 5" speaker, dont expect much out of them

It's easier to mix bass on my HD25s than my RP5s. Thankfully, I don't have to rely just on that.

I'd pick RP5s over bx5s in a heartbeat for DJing, but I've only heard bx5s in guitar center……and most of their floor stuff is broken.

For production…i'd probably get the yamahas if I had it to do over again, but honestly…meh. If you get to know the speakers then you know the speakers. I'd pick yamahas in that range, but that's because of my experience with NS-10ms…and apparently they can get pretty close with the EQ on the back. Still…probably won't bother because you can almost get a pair of NS-10ms and a decent amp for that.