Ecler Evo5 what happened?
    Tech Guru

Default Ecler Evo5 what happened?

Seems like it was plagued with problems, no firmware update since 2009 and the Ecler DJ forums have been down for a while.

It was almost a perfect mixer for me for TSP.

4 decks plus Maschine on the 5th

Don't need FX but they were there

Big phat encoders for my hands, not cramped, unlike DB4 (IMO)

Scratch control off the bat

FireWire was probably a bad move as you pretty much need a Mac, they probably should have made it USB.

But yer does anyone know what happened to Ecler DJ Division and the EVO5?

There were rumours of a controller but it never surfaced. They also lost their main DJ manager too. Seem to be limping along without a direction at the moment. Without any kind of controller offer, they may as well give up, which given their current level of activity could well be the case.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Tech Wizard

Say it aint so Joe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skratchworx View Post
    There were rumours of a controller but it never surfaced. They also lost their main DJ manager too. Seem to be limping along without a direction at the moment. Without any kind of controller offer, they may as well give up, which given their current level of activity could well be the case.
    That's interesting, it did seem like nothing was happening from them for a while. Also that firewire interface is pretty dated back to the mackie and korg mixers a few years ago.

Tech Mentor

Still works great for me

I like your avatar xonetacular.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

The Evo 5 is truly amazing hardware. A fantastic mixer in so many ways, beautiful sound quality, ergonomic controls, fat EQ knobs, incredible faders with real adjustable cut ins and curves, full MIDI control, full control over every FX parameter, I could go on and on. And the extra crossfader for wet/dry on the effects is really fun to use. But the firmware is just ok ... there is so much that could be updated and improved via firmware updates, but it seems unlikely that the firmware will ever be updated again. And I agree that firewire was a mistake too - in theory it is faster and more robust than USB but in practice your firewire port can be a bottleneck -- I had huge buffering problems trying to record through the firewire port on my Macbook pro. So I'm happier with the DB4 but there are so many things I will miss about the Ecler.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

Spain economy is in big trouble now, so I suspect the company is not taking any bets soon. Probably when the economy come back to growth they will launch something.

I have one and I love it

But it aint portable at all - its huge - great for at home tho and like you say Scratch certified, the soundcard in it is real nice
    SC | MC

Nicky H had mine off me and I miss it... S4's are great, but theres something about the design and build quality that I miss
    MBP 2012, Traktor Scratch Pro, Kontrol X4, 1x Midi Fighters, TR-8