Sennheiser HD 205 or another ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sennheiser HD 205 or another ?

Hy everyone , Today i have one BIG problem , i have broke my headphone and i have not really money to take HD-25 Or other headphone and i'm asking if take the HD 205 of sheinneiser is a good choice beacause i have one gig this week end ..

Thanks for your help DJTT

soundquality is Ok but they arent comfortable. Would I buy them? No
    Are they worth the money? maybe

Ok, For this price can i get better headphones? i have seen this headphone for only 43 euros, it's cheap but i would like to go check if he have a Good comfort by testing

Tech Guru

HD 205 are super comfortable. They are actually my normal listening headphones when I'm in the house because they are so comfortable. The sound quality is actually very good especially for the price. They're a little light on the bass if anything. I also happen to own Pioneer HDJ2000's and Beats Pro headphones. Honestly, I assure you that you will be a little surprised and happy if you purchase them, especially for that price.

I guess we all feel different about whats comfortable ofcourse but in my opinion they are to stiff tight and hard on the ear, the cuffs are made of some plastic.
    But I guess for the price its allright..
    i tried & used all pioneer headphones, I use the hd25's and hdj 2000 regularly, WESC, Sonys, v-moda, tma-1s, beats models, AKG.
    Im probably not satisfied because it was long ago i used low end headphones..
    reason for me trying out so much is because I work in a shop that sell all of them.

IMO they feel kinda tight after a while... but I don't have 'em for everyday use. They're quite decent for DJ'ing purposes too, but I have my worries regarding their durability, specially in the swivel cup hinges. You can also try Senn's 202s or 203s. They should be a tad cheaper but they sound awesome and are kinda more durable, although I must say that the earcups on my 202's got loose after some time and abuse. Either way, they won't break the bank and be a decent pair of headphones until you save for something better.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

I've used cheap Sennheiser HD201s for a gig once in an emergency, it wasn't ideal but it worked.

I also spent 2 weeks using 202s. They were fine till they broke.

Basically they'll work but they'll break pretty fast.

Then 205's are fine for the price but it's better to not wear them longer then an hour. The comfortability isn't ideal.

Tech Mentor

I've done multiple all-night gigs with 205's in the past, and really, it wasn't a problem at all. Sure, they get uncomfortable if you wear them for hours straight but usually that's not the case when you're spinning. Sound quality is more than good enough, so no problems there either.

Build quality is the only issue, but for that kinda money, what else is to be expected.. If you take proper care of them they will really last a good while!
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

You might be able to get Sony MDR-V6's or MDR-V600's which have been regarded by studio engineers and audio professionals as the "industry standard" for ultra flat response for about $60-$80 in the US. Not sure about in Europe though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast