Turntable issues

Default Turntable issues

Longtime lurker, but recently picked up a new turntable to start sampling from my vinyl collection through maschine and am running into some connectivity issues. Since the people at guitar center were unable to help me, figured I'd ask here. For some reason, I'm unable to hear the audio from the table through the internal speakers on my computer (mbp), even with a preamp. The sampler in maschine picks up waveforms, but nothing plays back. Table has been tested with other speakers and works fine. The only advice guitar center could offer me was that because the headphone & mic jack are one and the same for my mbp, I might want to try a 3.5mm with 3 bands as opposed to the two for stereo, but I can't seem to find any online or in stores. Trying to avoid purchasing an audio interface if possible, but considering the audio6.

tl;dr - headphone/mic jack on my mbp won't pick up my preamped turntable, and I'd rather not buy an audio interface at the moment

Tech Mentor

Does your Maschine reconize the source it is coming from? Like a sound card? On windows you can select it on the Input device. Normally under options in maschine maybe.

Yes, I use Soundflower with maschine to sample from my internal speakers. Waveforms show and the levels change but they aren't audible once recorded.

Tech Mentor

could you not just push it into something like audacity?? see if that works?
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Mentor

this is why they make audio interfaces.....just buy 1 dude

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you assign the headphone jack to act as Line In in OSX preferences? You won't get any sound as long as you have your TTs plugged in your headphone jack. Does the problem persist if nothing is plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Did you assign the headphone jack to act as Line In in OSX preferences? You won't get any sound as long as you have your TTs plugged in your headphone jack. Does the problem persist if nothing is plugged in?
    Yes, port is set to input. Any/all other audio besides the table works over the internal speakers while I have these settings configured.