Intro to SYNC for new and new-to-digital DJs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Intro to SYNC for new and new-to-digital DJs

The sequel to "Beat matching -the Lost Technology-" and an intro to the sync function for new and new-to-digital DJs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    The sequel to "Beat matching -the Lost Technology-" and an intro to the sync function for new and new-to-digital DJs.

Dj MiCL, I enjoyed the video on Beat matching. It showed how to adjust beat grids in Tracktor. Im a new Dj and still a little lost on adjusting beat grids. Questions are:
    1. Would I adjust my beat grids in all my songs?
    2. How does this help me mixing?

Just trying to understand the whole process.

Very nice thanks!

dripsteps lessons on SYNC:

1. Press play on deck A
    2. Press play on deck B
    3. Press sync on deck B
    4. Jesus pose.

MiCL, wikkid post.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Great video. On the off chance that I need to adjust a grid I use the move marker 90% of the time though. And I've never done the hold down the beat jump button trick.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mstarling2 View Post
    Dj MiCL, I enjoyed the video on Beat matching. It showed how to adjust beat grids in Tracktor. Im a new Dj and still a little lost on adjusting beat grids. Questions are:
    1. Would I adjust my beat grids in all my songs?
    2. How does this help me mixing?

Just trying to understand the whole process.
    1. Yes, I would adjust everything. Some times it's just moving the entire grid a few clicks in either direction, but there is one definite sweet spot for me. And even with vinyl rips that have unsteady BPM and live performances like rock and jazz there are workarounds.

2. Directly mixing wise a good set of grids is only as helpful as good beat matching. However, good grids can help you indirectly with your mixes in many ways. You can be 100% confident that your loops don't drift out of tempo, and you can beat jump during a mix, for instance.

Tech Mentor

>teambama, dripstep
    Thanks!

>photojojo
    Well, the first step of placing a new beat marker is actually the same as moving the marker. It's just my approach to commit to a beat-to-marker relation first and adjust the rest only by changing the BPM, and this works for most of the tracks I buy new at beat port.

that is a great way to make sure your beatgrid is perfect, I just stole the method and controls for a dedicated pannel on my vdj skin

cool sequel MiCL
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    that is a great way to make sure your beatgrid is perfect, I just stole the method and controls for a dedicated pannel on my vdj skin
    Thanks! I studied VDJ for the first time to do this video and was surprised with how much you can actually do with the software.
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 06-06-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Tech Wizard

Awesome video MiCL! Can't wait to watch the others that are posted. Seriously, very well done.

On a related note - anyone have any tips/shortuts for adjusting the beatgrids with the Kontrol S4? (sure this has been answered a million times already but maybe someone has a good link). Also is there a manual for Traktor 2.5? I could only find one for TP2...

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast