M-Audio Trigger Finger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default M-Audio Trigger Finger

I found a M-Audio Trigger Finger on craigslist for $50, which seems like a very good deal considering that they are out of production, and though I don't know a lot about the functions and capabilities of the controller, I have heard that it's a very useful controller and I would like to use it with Traktor alongside my Kontrol S2.

Does anybody have any experience with the Trigger Finger, particularly with Traktor? Would you recommend it?

For $50 scoop it up, really good deal (as long as it's working right).

Alright thanks, he says he doesn't have the original cable, but he will throw in the cable for his mbox which is 20 feet long.
    And of course I wont buy it without first testing its functionality on my laptop

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The original one is just a regular printer cable so you aren't missing much on that side. It was a decent controller for the price. If it's functional go for it.

great controller, and those pads are velocity sensitive if that matters to you. For $50 take it before I do

here's my Traktor map for it if you're interested - http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/43
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

So I bought the controller and everything appears to be working fine, except that every pad is triggering the C-2 midi note. Is there a way to re-map the pads to different notes?

I think Enigma is the software to use to fix this; it's a pain and I don't remember how to use it but it works; basically you want to reset the trigger finger to its original state of what it sends out.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...9153&keywords=
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

50 dollars? that is so good

So far i am having trouble getting any pads except 2,3,4 and 13 to work...... I am thinking that either it is programmed wrong or I may have bought a broken trigger finger.

The Trigger Finger, IMO, is still the best pad controller on the market. The level of customization that you can do to it with the Enigma software is ridiculous.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast