MIDI Kick Drum Pedal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MIDI Kick Drum Pedal?

writing drum tracks would be so much easier if i had a midi pedal to program in the kick and free up one of my fingers. i've looked for midi pedals, but all seem to be the "peg" type that come on a lot of loop pedals, or are simply sustain pedals and are usually brand-specific.

anyone know of an actual "pedal" type pedal (most similar to a kick drum pedal on a drum set), that works over midi?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

do electronic drum kits have pedals? if so i guess thatd be the way to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

i'd kill for one of those, but those are hella expensive. my ideal would be just a pedal to go with my midi keyboard so i can just play the snares/hi hat/etc with my hands and have the kick for my feet. i would think this would be a heavily desired addon for a lot of drummers out there.

guitar hero/rock band??
    fart.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    guitar hero/rock band??
    I second this. There are plenty of solutions out there to use the Rockband kit, and Walmart has the full set for 80 dollars Canadian. You can use the drum triggers for the snare and high hat as well. Or if you only want the kick pedals for portablility, I'm sure you could disassemble the kit so you only had to bring the pedal and the main control pad.

oh shiz guys. i had just read that post about using these things for midi purposes and totally didn't even think of it. that would be pretty awesome. thanks!

question regarding this though: does it matter whether i get the xbox vs. ps version?

I have the Xbox Rock Band drums, work pretty much straight out of the box with my lappy. However I only assigned them to hotkeys and not Midi, wasn't really bothered going all the way and setting up Midi. So not really too sure how well they work when sending Midi.

Alternatively you could make your own, search for 'make a rock band pedal' on google and have a look!

Tech Mentor

Beware though - the Kick pedal on Rockband is pretty flimsy. For occasional sessions it's ok, but not for serious usage, and the action is awful - Ok for the occasional bassdrum hit on Rock band - but don't plan on any double pedal type stuff.

Electronic kits aren't so much nowadays. you can pick up an alesis kit (vdrum rip off stylee) for £299. nowadays.

Yeah thanks Cmc, forgot to mention that. They're made of utter shite to be honest! Mine snapped into 3 pieces, so I glued them back together and made a wooden template for the pedal which I then had to screw into the original pedal. Solid as rock now however

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast