How is dubfire using his maschine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default How is dubfire using his maschine

i have been thinking about this for a while now how is dubfire using his maschine is he creating drum patterns on the fly or controlling traktor
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The first. He uses a pair of X1 to control traktor (not sure if he jumped on the K2 wagon)

He's using the Maschine software and the step sequencer for drum loops.

okay thanks i have been looking into using maschine as a live input in traktor just wanted to know how the pros did it
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

oh and padi is the k2 better built than the x1

Just had to add to this, Most of the time Dubfire will use 3 X1's. (Not sure why) , But i don't know if he has started using the K2 yet.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I didn't get a chance to play with one (yet). Still:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/05/1...-heath-xonek2/

A soft plastic outer shell encases a coated metal faceplate on the K2. All of the nutted pots and rotary encoders represent professional build quality, and the nutted construction of the knobs means the the inner circuit board is protected more against outer trauma to the knobs. The four 60mm-throw faders possess the signature Allen & Heath smoothness, and their tops are indented generously, making them a pleasure to use.
    In addition, the 30 rubberized buttons feel fantastic. They are soft-touch LED rubber buttons with a click, yet they are firmer and feel more robust than the looser buttons on the Kontrol X1. In short, despite the plastic casing, Allen & Heath maintains its usual high standard of build quality on the Xone:K2.

i might have to ditch the x1 and pick up the k2 looks like a better unit to me

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you're going to buy a maschine so it'll play a clap every 16th beat you can do that with the sample/remix decks. In fact if you want play out drum patterns you can also do that with remix decks. Where the Maschine really comes in handy is if you use it for production and already have stuff programmed into the software.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If you're going to buy a maschine so it'll play a clap every 16th beat you can do that with the sample/remix decks. In fact if you want play out drum patterns you can also do that with remix decks. Where the Maschine really comes in handy is if you use it for production and already have stuff programmed into the software.
    It's more useful for the step sequencer- most of the people I see using it (for techno, minimal, and house at least) don't seem to have any prearranged patterns and use it to improvise drum fills in ways you can't with the remix decks. Dubfire for example has a group loaded with claps, a group loaded with hi hats, rides, etc. then just uses step mode and inputs patterns during the set. Hawtin does the same.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 06-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast