The Rising Wave (Teen DJ's)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default The Rising Wave (Teen DJ's)

Hi all,

Just curious to see as to how many of us there are out there

I'm 15 and have a solid twice weekly gig from the fall to the beginning of May at a local ice rink,
    I've also dabbled about in other gigs. I've been dj'ing for just about two years now and it's been an interesting experience.

I guess this age group is very easy to bill off as "brosteppers" and i've seen my fair share of people my age attempting to be dj's and mixing off of youtube and a cheap mixer, basically in the name of publicity.

I stalked forums and clicked mice up until I was able to pay for my first setup, which was a fair while after. I took this idea of Dj'ing and turned it into a passion and an art form, which it really, truly, is... However, 'pop' music completely ruined it.

Anyone else out there?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

15, I left school when I was 15, started a job in a ship yard.....thats where I learnt to really spit profanitys.... would have been awsome if I already had a love for EDM at that time....I was too busy listening to Zeppelin...(this was 1997, not 1970)

Keep it up bro.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

I had started playing bass guitar in bands when I was 15 and eventually DJing when I was 18, so not surprised people starting out younger. Keep practicing and honing your craft and upgrade equipment when you can afford it.

All the best DJ's started when they were crazy young...A-Trak (12) DJ Craze (like 14) etc. So yeah keep practicing and yeah it is sometimes convenient to describe this generation by those who partake in the big fesstivals like EDC and whatnot...but defining your personal style in a sea of the same genre and style will really set you apart..it may not be everyones cup of tea...but it would definetly lead to different opportunites.

Tech Mentor

Thank you all for the inspiring words!

Tech Mentor

15 and already playing undeground gigs here.
    Have fun my mate.

im 14 been producing for 2 years been djing for 1 year, you're not alone. have had a few gigs here and there, nothing huge. but yeah, a lot of people do see us as posers, unfortunately. but we just gotta go out there and do our thing
    NI Kontrol S2 l TP2 l Allen and Heath Xone: K2 l NI Kontrol F1 l l Oxygen 49 l Macbook Pro 13" l Odyssey L-Stand l AIAIAI TMA-1 cans l Ableton l FL Studio

13 been djing for 3 years and all I play is deep tech and minimal house looking to get a show in my city sometime this year
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zco14 View Post
    im 14 been producing for 2 years been djing for 1 year, you're not alone. have had a few gigs here and there, nothing huge. but yeah, a lot of people do see us as posers, unfortunately. but we just gotta go out there and do our thing
    Too many sellouts. Recently talked to one. He said house was dead and he plays electro because it's being played at all the raves.

Those kinds of people ruin music.

The things I'm sick off with fake dj's Who are my age is that they download a cracked version of virtual dj And then go off bragging about how they are the best djs in the world when they have only been djing for a week. for those people they only do it to get girls and look cool
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast