Grey 'Pseudo' Warp Markers - How to use them properly? Are The Interelated?

Default Grey 'Pseudo' Warp Markers - How to use them properly? Are The Interelated?

The tracks I'm currently warping seem to be sounding good. What I'm doing Is:

Using the BPM mixed in key analysed as it's almost always right or auto-warping to get close
    Finding the first beat, double clicking to create warp marker on the first beat
    Setting the project tempo to the one that the track is
    Pressing 'warp at ...bpm from here'
    Then I got kick in the middle of the track and at the end and zoom in
    If I see a transient needs a nudge - I'll hover over the present gray warp markers using them to shifting the beat slightly to the nearest grid marker.

This last part is the bit i'm unsure of. Is I shift a transient in the middle of a track using the grey markers and without double clicking to create a warp marker - if i then shift a transient at the end of the track to correct it - will it affect the position of the previous 'pesudo' warp marker I made in the middle of the track?

What I'm essentially trying to ask is if grey warp markers at relative - if you move one do they all move together? So if you do move on there isn't any point in moving another as your just undoing your previous one you corrected?

I'm referring to tracks of constant tempo by the way.

Is it always advisable to make all warp markers permanent by double clicking? Even if the tempo of the track should be constant? Should most constant tempo techno tracks just have 1 warp at the first beat and then no more just using the grey ones to correct - or should you create several permanent ones for your minor adjustments?

Yes, if you are in the section that has no colour markers, then when you shift the greyed out markers, its going to affect everything from the last colour marker before that to the end....

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The grey markers are what ableton detects as trasients, they don't affect warping, only yellow (active) ones do. Grey markers are NOT locked so they will move around when you move yellow ones.

I see, so if your just using grey ones it only makes sense to use them once towards the end of the song to make sure the track hasn't drifted out of phase.

When I move the grey warp markers the waveforms do move and it sounds in phase again so must have an effect on the sound. Most of my tracks only have 1 warp marker for the start then I shift the transient at the end of the track using the grey warp markers to make sure they are still in phase. Is that fine - considering these tracks are of constant tempo and whole number bpms so don't need several warp markers do they? When I shift a transient using the grey am I correct to presume that change is saved in the asd file?

Thanks for the replies!

yes, the changes are saved, if you happen to load it again, it should be prewarped.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

They do move but are not anchor points like the other ones so they will be affected if you move things around them.

Cool, so as long as only 1 adjustment after the start point it needed there's no need for a warp marker. It's all good then, thanks