Am I Totally out of my mind thinking this is total garbage - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Why should you care what someone else does number one. Number 2, song selection and reading the crowd is the most important thing for a DJ to do. Which he says he does well.
    Also being a mobile DJ is a whole different ball game than being a club DJ and both are different than being radio DJ. When you go to a club you expect to hear some one mix well, at weddings and birthday parties etc. the crowd just wants to hear familiar tunes they can dance to and don't care about mixing.

I don't think that it's professional to just hit auto mix and go talk to the crowd though.

I understand why this twisted your knickers. You feel this guy is crapping on your chosen art form by not caring about the same things that you count as essential to the art you are passionate about. He isn't worried about the same things you are though. He's running a business, and his business is doing well from what he tells us, so he must be providing what his customers want.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Why should you care what someone else does number one. Number 2, song selection and reading the crowd is the most important thing for a DJ to do. Which he says he does well.
    Also being a mobile DJ is a whole different ball game than being a club DJ and both are different than being radio DJ. When you go to a club you expect to hear some one mix well, at weddings and birthday parties etc. the crowd just wants to hear familiar tunes they can dance to and don't care about mixing.

I don't think that it's professional to just hit auto mix and go talk to the crowd though.

I understand why this twisted your knickers. You feel this guy is crapping on your chosen art form by not caring about the same things that you count as essential to the art you are passionate about. He isn't worried about the same things you are though. He's running a business, and his business is doing well from what he tells us, so he must be providing what his customers want.
    already mentioned all the stuff you´ve just written
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    already mentioned all the stuff you´ve just written
    Yeah, starting to realize people don't bother to read anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Yeah, starting to realize people don't bother to read anymore
    i hate people who don´t bother. pisses me off
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Guys, when I started typing my post, I would have been the second response to the OP. I got interupted for just a few minutes and when I finished and hit the button I saw I was on page three.

Sorry for being slow to type a response

Just have to get faster

=p

Tech Mentor

Guys, when I started typing my post, I would have been the second response to the OP. I got interupted for just a few minutes and when I finished and hit the button I saw I was on page three.

For shame...

Tech Mentor

Every style of DJ thinks that every other style isn't really DJing. Its always been this way. The fact is the easiest way to make decent money on a regular basis is to be a mobile DJ. Its also the best way to learn the DJ business no matter what style of DJing you do because every DJ starts out doing a house party which would be considered like a mobile gig It teaches you how to deal with clients, how to deal with requests, reading the crowd, etc. Now depending on the gig and depending where you are in the world depends on your rate. This guy said he charges $50 an hour for at least 4 hours, thats only $200, thats pretty cheap actually. Factor in the setup and breakdown, gas money, time put into to advertising, calling clients to get the gig etc. He is playing music for people and getting paid for it, he is a DJ. You can call him whatever you want, human jukebox, whatever, doesn't matter, 700 shows a year means he is booking multiple parties for 1 day. People are hiring him. Don't hate, its not going to ruin club DJing, no club is going to ever have music on auto, not going to happen.

Forgive me if it's already been said, but you should all be embarrassed of yourselves for the fact that you let this thread get to three pages of dickwaving and soap boxing about what a DJ should be without acknowledging the fact that this guys has nothing to do with DJing like we do, or DJ's like we are.
    To spell this out, he is a MOBILE DJ, which is a world away from what a CLUB DJ does.

Tech Wizard

i think a few people on here are forgetting that mobile/wedding djs are an entirely different school of thinking than most members of this blog's forum. Where as we aspire to the dj being the centre of attention, mashing cues, beatmatching, scratching, practically putting on a live show, a mobile/wedding dj is meant to be creating a mood without imposing on the crowd. If you were at a wedding and some dj was beatmashing the crap out of some track while you are trying to have a nice meal, or a formal dance, you'd be pissed and probably quickly replace him with an ipod.

This style of djing is not what people attend nightclubs (well, most nightclubs). It certainly would not appear at a nightclub/festival that any of us would aspire to, or even accept a gig at. So to OP, get over yourself mate, this is completely different to what you do.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast