I just picked up an F1 and am trying to create a 'Girl Talk style' set in Traktor using pop and hip-hop samples form my track collection.

I have set beat-grids on the tracks I am sampling, and most of the loops I want to use (beats, percussion, melodies, etc) start directly on a beatmarker, on the downbeat. With Sync and Quant:4 activated, these ones are syncing up very nicely in the remix decks.

My question is about sampling acapellas from tracks, particularly when the vocals you want the loop to start with don't come in 'on the 1' and you want the lyrics to stay in time with the beatgrid you have set for the acapella track.

I read somewhere that for short samples (20 seconds or less), Traktor 2.5 automatically sets a new beatgrid with the first beat starting at the start of the sample. Is this true? If so, is there any way to get the acapella samples in time that don't start directly on a beatgrid? I am told there is a way to adjust the beatgrids of samples live in the remix decks, but am hoping for a way to get them sync'ed up without having to go this route...