Setlist

Thread: Setlist

Default Setlist

How do you guys prep your Setlists before going to play a gig? And where is a good place to find good electro or house music?

Everyone sets/preps themselves in different ways. I pretty much go out with the pre-assumption that I will play 10-20 song. Then I just kind of leave the rest to how the crowd is feeling.

And a good source for electro house would be www.beatport.com
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

depends on your definition of prep....
    if you are referering to Tagging your files properly please read this:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/0...es-power-tips/

If you are talking about preset playlists, i would highly advise against this, unless it is the only way you feel comfortable in your set.
    Parties have different vibes to them, based on the crowd, the time, and the club. That being said, how do you know your setlist is going to rock the vibe at that particular party when it was done three days before hand.

I would just make sure all your files are properly tagged, and stored into "Playlists" but think of them like record crates, and not an actual blue print of the song your going to play next. You keep all your house in one crate, electro in another, etc.

Beatport.com is great place to start to look for those types of tunes.
    Hunt down some blogs as well, there are plenty out there that cater to this type of music. Just gotta browse and listen.

i setup my playlists base on genre and bpm. Electro - Old School, Electro - New School, New Wave 110 - 130 BPM, New Wave 135 - 150 BPM and so on. I set my load points and make sure that the grids are correct.

DJ MOO, if you want me to share my electro playlist roll down to the little cave again. I usually dont dj from 11 to 12 & 1 to 2 am. I usually search the net, Beatport, Hypemachine and some other sites.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i setup my playlists base on genre and bpm. Electro - Old School, Electro - New School, New Wave 110 - 130 BPM, New Wave 135 - 150 BPM and so on. I set my load points and make sure that the grids are correct.

DJ MOO, if you want me to share my electro playlist roll down to the little cave again. I usually dont dj from 11 to 12 & 1 to 2 am. I usually search the net, Beatport, Hypemachine and some other sites.
    Yeah, definitely I like the electo you guys where playing the other day. When I can make it out on another sunday I will hit you up before hand. I'll try to org my files like that it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I like to have ideas of what I want to play in a given night, but I never really made planned set lists since my first set ever. Now-a-days, I just play around a bit at home a few hours before I leave for the gig just to get started, and then I just rock out.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Just a n00b, but here is how I did it at my first gig and it worked out well for me:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4947
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music