Ableton -- Syncing Lyrics -- DEATH.
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton -- Syncing Lyrics -- DEATH.

Heyo,
    Working on a new remix and need to sync the lyrics to 128. Originals are at 70 bpm.
    Using ableton. Is there really no other way to do it without dragging each little syllable where it needs to be?
    There must be some bang, snap, SYNCED. Been producing for over a year now, and this has been the worst part of remixing >.< . Suggestions? Also when i drag it these vocals are clipped and sound wrong because there originally at 70, which is very slow. Going from 128 - 140 is easy.
    Suggestions?!
    HELP.
    J

Tech Wizard

Turn track warp off?
    *Inactive Account*

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Why don't you warp the vocals at 140 and slow them down? It's a less destructive process than speeding it up 50BPM. The key to warping vocals is trying to get hold of the original track and warping it using that as a reference and choosing the right warping algorithm. Sometimes it's better to cut the phrases individually instead of treating everything as one string of audio (doing this will lessen the artifacts because you can get away with it not being perfectly in sync). You are asking for a lot to the warping engine.

Short answer: There is no "BAM - Synced Acapella" button.

Google

This is way easier in Ableton than in any other DAW that I've tried using. In general terms, I think slowed down acapellas sound awful; sped up acapellas sometimes work really well and sometimes not so much. Not every song is going to sound good at 128 is all I'm saying.
    I blow stuff up