Airtime: A new DJ networking tool?

Default Airtime: A new DJ networking tool?

I've just received an email saying Airtime.com, the new social networking / video chat site from Napster and Facebook founder/president Sean Parker, is live and it's got me thinking, it would be a great way to gain new fans.

If you don't know what it is, it's basically Chatroulette without the nudity. But crucially you can share your interests to anyone because it's linked to your Facebook likes.
    This would be ideal to list music you play (songs, artists, labels etc) so that people can come across you while you are live streaming a set. Obviously it's very early days and I think at the moment it's only two people per chat, but I can definitely see this opening up to allow group chats (something to rival skype?).

What does everyone reckon?

I think it's a really interesting idea!

what is this Chatroulette you speak of... random naked people, sounds like a drinking/stripping game in the making. back in the day there was a video chat site that was kind of fun, had a niche community of users, i had a camera in my office so people could interrupt me. it would be kind of nice sometimes to see live feeds from festivals or something. I suppose they will want to charge me $40 to watch

Tech Guru

This is the kind of technology that I would love to see connect DJ's and producer's. It'd be awesome if something like this was combined with the concept of Indaba music (online DAW). You could have online studio sessions where you work on a track with another producer half way around the world, and while being able to chat with quality video as if they were in the same room.

Shame it doesn't seem to work at the moment

http://www.wired.com/business/elsewh...avels-20120605
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Shame it doesn't seem to work at the moment

http://www.wired.com/business/elsewh...avels-20120605
    Or you could have just clicked the actual site and see it does - https://www.airtime.com/ - think mongo, think!
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I clicked on it and am not interested in it at all.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

it runs on flash...cool find, ill just use FaceTime.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    This is the kind of technology that I would love to see connect DJ's and producer's. It'd be awesome if something like this was combined with the concept of Indaba music (online DAW). You could have online studio sessions where you work on a track with another producer half way around the world, and while being able to chat with quality video as if they were in the same room.
    check out BitWig by the producers of Ableton, pretty much what you are looking for I think.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right