Traktor Pro freezing on XP
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro freezing on XP

Hey all, hope you can help this is freaking me out.

Just bought myself a new laptop to replace my aging beast which had been running Traktor no problem but kept blue screening...long story anyway.

Installed Traktor pro (the latest build) under Windows XP Professional SP3. Running a modified VCI 100 (firmware update thanks to DJ Techtools) and Audio Kontrol 1.

Everything works fine but randomly Traktor will freeze up in mid song leaving me with a nice loud buzz. THen only a complete restart will close the software and allow me to reopen (trying to end the process tree does not work). This can happen at any time. I have already reinstalled windows and it is completely clean, I am using this only for Traktor!!

Any ideas,I have a gig tomorrow and am terrified that this will happen in mid mix.

THanks for your support

Jack Bastard

Disable the midi out to the VCI and the problem will cease.

Log a call with NI, the more people that do the more likely this problem is to get fixed.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also try a stronger USB cable (preferably with a ferrite) and make sure the VCI is off before you turn Traktor on.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I have the same issue every once in a while and admittedly have pretty much given up on it (playing with someone else, we just switch over quickly, which is crap, yes). I'll log a support ticket on the weekend as well but I don't expect wonders after having read the replies to the various support tickets other people have submitted (aka, they are a slap in the face of anyone being more than just a clueless button-pusher).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Seriously, and im not even joking 1% i have pushed this issue till im blue in the face.
    That thread over at NI is a total mess. Some saying they have resolved it others not.
    Some have joy with the Midi Out being Disabled some not.

Is this Definitely caused buy Traktor ???

I cant keep track of the actual issue and ive had little joy with any of the tickets.
    I have an Inbox full of PMs from people ive tried to help.

I cant remember anyone being accused of being a "clueless button pusher" or anything like that so i think that may be a bit unfair but...

I May Be Shooting Myself In The Foot Here But:
    if anyone wishes to post a good, concise desrciption about this issue HERE i will again take it to NI Support.
    That is, if it is ok with Moderators. This is their Forum and they know i wont do this without their consent.

If i can help then im MORE than pleased to cus i love this Forum but if this turns into some Rant about NI ill just put my fingers in my ears cus i dont come here for that. I get enough of that over there (wah wah wah)..!

So up to you guys... Whats the problem ? What happens ? When does it happen ? What are you doing when it happens ? Is it just Win or is it on Mac ? Which Versions of Traktor are affected ?

Maybe we can work to get 'closure' on this.

To follow-up, have you taken the steps to optimize windows performance (disabling wifi/bluetooth?)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Also try a stronger USB cable (preferably with a ferrite) and make sure the VCI is off before you turn Traktor on.
    Switching out USB cables doesn't do anything, I've tried more than 5 different cables; with ferrites, without, cheap ones, expensive ones.

Haven't noticed any difference between having the VCI plugged in before or after.

Karlos, I'll post something up once I get time, but it's definitely being caused by Traktor. It was never an issue on the second version of Tpro, I played out with no problems from the weekend after the patches release to the installation of the one after that (sorry I can't remember exact patch numbers, I'm at work atm).

The problems seemed to coincide with the inclusion of midi hot swapping into Tpro.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Cool. Jack that would be great. As much info as poss but in a way that a Mac boy like me can understand. hah
    Ill try look back and see in which Traktor update the problems started.

Good man.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    To follow-up, have you taken the steps to optimize windows performance (disabling wifi/bluetooth?)

Sorry for the rolleyes, but it's just like getting the tech support email for this issue from NI.

I have followed all the optimisation instructions and none of it makes not a jot of difference, my machine has never had a problem having bt/wifi enabled whilst playing in all the years of djing on it.

I understand that, but I don't know what you've done, which is the eternal flaw of any tech support

I'll leave it be for you to work with Karlos.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast